Logic Pro 7 on Macbook audio driver problem

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by scoobydriver, Jun 11, 2006.

1. scoobydriver macrumors newbie

so, frustrating. alright, i install logic on my macbook, open it up and immediatly notice the 'record' button on the tracks are nowhere to be seen. i also see that the I/O settings are only displaying the output, with the input section blank. when i try to set the input it wont let me. so i go into the audio hardware and drivers menu and click on the drivers tab, where i find that the only driver it will let me select is the built-in output. so from THERE i go into the logic set-up assistant and set the driver to the built-in input. only when i restart logic its right back to being the built-in output as the driver. very frustrating. im new to mac and the core audio system, used to run adobe audition on my old pc. any help with this would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated.

2. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

Just click so the track is highlighted that you want to record onto, then click the record button on the transport.

built-in output/input IS the core audio driver. Built-in mac low-latency driver. Just go under preferences, and pick coreaudio as the driver, if it's not already choosen. Should work.

3. scoobydriver thread starter macrumors newbie

more trouble

so i selected the track and pressed record, but an alert popped up telling me "no audiotrack is enabled for recording". heres a screenshot that might help fill some gaps in my explaining. thanks again.
    [​IMG]

4. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

Okay I think I see something missing. Click on View>Track Record Buttons. Yeah, don't know why they weren't showing.

5. scoobydriver thread starter macrumors newbie

it gets worse

checked it, and still no record button. when i turn the view track record button to off, that gap between the mute and that other button just goes away. so the above screen is WITH the check next to track record button in the view menu. did you see the blank in portion of the I/O display on the lower left portion of the screen? any more ideas?

6. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

That blank portion is actually correct. Should say output1-2 in one of those spaces under I/O, and looks like it does.

Hm. This seems like a bug. Lots of others are having issues using onboard sound to record in Logic in the Macbook.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2523282&#2523282

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2136803&#2136803

If you have an external audio device, looks like that does work okay, for a temporary work-around.

Send apple a report about the problem here:
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/

7. rabid-goon macrumors newbie

i'm having the exact same problem. it would be nice to use the internal mic to lay down quick acoustic guitar tracks. i hope somebody figures this out because i can't.

8. samham macrumors newbie

yee

ye im having the same problem...the track record arming button is just nowhere to be seen, but there is a gap where it would be....anyone got any ideas?