Logic Pro Academic Price?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MarkF786, Nov 8, 2006.

1. MarkF786 macrumors member

I've seen some universities selling Logic Pro 7.2 for $299, while Apple's store sells it for $499. Also, I found a price list on Apple's website showing the $299 price: http://images.apple.com/education/pricelists/pdf/1024EducationFG.pdf

Does anyone know why the huge price difference? Is $299 what Apple is charging school stores, and some of them sell it at cost, or do some schools have better discount programs? Any ideas?

Mark

2. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

I bought my copy for $299 at my college.

If I had purchased it through Apple educational store, it would've been $499.

No idea why the price difference is there.

Just be aware that the Logic Pro Academic won't let you upgrade to Logic Pro 8 when it comes out, but the $999 version will (for an additional ~$300 or so). Sad =(

3. MarkF786 thread starter macrumors member

I've read mixed reports about if it can be upgraded. It seems no one had any proof that it couldn't be upgraded, and some people claimed that they had upgraded previous versions. Even still, at the discount price it's a bargain regardless.

Does anyone know where to buy an Academic version for $299 or do you just have to be in the right college/uni? :confused:

Mark