Logic Pro and new Macbook Pro C2D

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ArSoX, Oct 30, 2006.

1. ArSoX macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2006
    i'm thinking in buy my MBP in January, but it will be a huge investment for me, and what i want to know is if u think that MBP C2D will have a long longevity, like 3/4years to use this correctly this software without delays.

Sorry for my english.

Thx in advance
  2. ArSoX thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2006
  3. PygmySurfer macrumors 6502

Aug 7, 2006
    Wellesley, ON
    I'm not a Logic user, but I don't see why not. Even if it doesn't run new versions of Logic snappy, the current version of Logic Pro (7) will run just as well 4 years from now as it does today.
  4. uv23 macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2003
    Calgary, AB
    I just ordered a 2.33GHZ MBP and Logic Express. I would like Pro, but it's just too expensive. From what I can see, the Express version will contain everything I need. And the MBP should run either beautifully.
  5. ieko macrumors member

Oct 27, 2006
    I can't say yes to your answer 100% until I get my MBP (which by the way is taking forever!). But I believe it will be able to stand up for 3/4 years, especially since apple added the Core 2 Duo processor. The standard configuration will be good enough, but I recommend getting the 17" as you will need the space when using logic.

My system will look like this:

2.33 Core 2 Duo
    160GB 5400rpm
    3GB RAM

I got the extra gig because I thought in the future I might need it seeing as 2GB's is slowly becoming standard and I find that to run things like Logic in the future you have to be ahead of the curve.
  6. XP Defector macrumors 6502

Apr 5, 2006
    My MacBook with 512 runs logic spectacularly, so I presume a MacBook Pro with potentially 3GB of RAM and a Core2Duo should suffice!
  7. dbit macrumors regular

May 2, 2006
    Logic Pro is the cats pajama's. I think at this point it comes in box running 28 built in instruments of very high quality. You can be sure without a doubt that you could compose, produce, and master endless tracks in Logic on a C2D MBP with no third party software for years to come.

That being said, from the time Logic was aquired by Apple from Emagic its been taken down a dangerous road towards the pro-sumer market.

'Apple, please don't F-up our prescious software for high end audio manipulation! You have garage band already damnit!'