?? (Logic Pro Questions)

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Dan the Man, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Dan the Man macrumors newbie

Logic pro questions.

1.How do you make sure you have the correct recording levels going into the M-Audio audio interface in logic?

2.How do you set up a stereo master recording session?

3.What is the process for burning the finished master onto CD?

2. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I can't help you, though I will make a suggestion. If you want a person to read your thread and attract a Logic user, it would be best if you changed the title, so that it is correlated with your question :)

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Also you might find you questions get answered in the Digital Audio forum...

4. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

1. Which m-audio device? Use the m-audio software to make sure the levels are high enough. Also, turn the knobs up on the device.

2. I use a simple two-track program to record (Spark ME) for a stereo pair. Keeps things simple. Other popular simple track recorders/editors: Sound Studio, Audacity, others. Though you can record in Logic of course; just set an audio track as stereo with the inputs being your device.

3. After you have everything how you want it in logic, click on File>Bounce then pick the format you want (AAC, MP3, PCM, etc.) You can then burn that file to a CD.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

as an engineer, you need to learn the art of gainstaging. you want it low enough where it doesn't clip digitally and high enough where your signal-to-noise ratio is good.

does that help?

what's a stereo master recording session?

the mastering engineer will do that for you. if that's you, then you have more to worry about than how to burn a CD.

6. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

And on that topic, it might be useful to check out these guys as they offer online mastering which was recently reviewed in the Sound On Sound Magazine.