Logic Pro XSKey

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nitrocide, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

Heyhey, wasn't really sure where to put this, bout thought it would be worth a shot...

Baaasically i went out drunk about a week ago with my logic pro key (yes i know, i am the dumbest, its not hard to guess what I'm about to say next now is it).

Any-who... i managed to lose it, only to realise the next painful day. The problem is, logic was bought on my dads card a few years ago, so they email after paying for it through the apple store got sent to him, i know if i admitted to him that I've lost the key he'd pay for another one, but i don't want him to. i phoned up the apple pro support line and they told me it would cost £65 plus they'd need me to email them proof of my purchase via email.

I phoned my dad the next day and told him a little fib that apple had contacted me and said that they wanted to give me extra support for having logic seen as id just bought a macbook pro. He said he'd gladly send me the email they sent me, as long as i forward him it as-well. But obviously... there is no email!

SO, to my actual point of this post! I was wondering whether anybody is capable of mocking up an apple esq. letter saying why they need proof of the logic pro purchase and what benefits it will have for "me".

*sigh*

Well now I've written all that crap it sounds stupid i know, but i just don't want my family to think I'm any more of a moron than i already am =P.

Somebody... please help!? :eek: x

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

The first rule, if you find yourself in a hole is: Stop Digging!

3. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

I sympathise, but I doubt you'll get much help on this one. All you've got to risk is an angry dad. If someone on this board helps you, they are risking a call from the police.

Think about it: you are asking someone to create an email impersonating a major company and soliciting private financial information from a stranger.

I think CanadaRAM's advice is best: stop digging!

4. Nitrocide thread starter macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

Haha! Thats so true...

Oh well, im guna go it alone, it may be a deep hole im in, but theyre pretty gulible and i think im doing it for the right reasons for everyone involved =].

Thanks anyways for words of wisom.

Xxx