Logictech V200 vs. V270 bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nightsky, Mar 7, 2007.

1. nightsky macrumors member

Getting ready to buy a cordless mouse for PB G4 and found Logitech V200 which reviewers say is better w/mac than Logitech V270 the newer model.
    The complain being that V270 does not come with software to calibrate it for mac and that it used clear laser opposed to red laser which is older technology.
    A V270 proponent said it only needs to be paired after activating bluetooth in system preferences. What is pairing?
    In this forum someone complained the logitech mouse used upto many resources
    and about 5mb of software.
    Can a seasoned mac laptop user clarify the above contradicting reviewers' info.
    Thank you

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The v200 and v270 are pretty much the same mouse except one uses bluetooth and one uses regular wireless with a usb dongle.

I have 2 v270s, and they're great. Batteries last over 2 months without needing to be replaced, its very accurate and easy to use. I'd definitely recommend it.

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Ditto!

4. schmintan macrumors regular

i find a sevre lack of bluetooth mice at present. i want one with navigation buttons, and logitech used to have one but its not availiable anymore. its a real niche.

5. neyoung macrumors member

Look no further! I got the RadTech BT600 bluetooth mouse and its really nice. It has a scroll wheel, navigation buttons, a power button to conserve power, and a sweet way to recharge the mouse and use it at the same time!

I was going to get the logitech v270, but ended up with the BT600 and glad I went that route. I'm really happy with it.