Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niledile

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2015
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi folks,

I am new to iOS development, and would like some tips on loading a file to check for login details.

I would like to build an app that checks if the username and password exists, and allows the user to log in if it does.

I don't know where to start. What file type should I be using to store the login data, and where does the file sit? Do I add it to my current project?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

mds1256

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2011
Usually login accounts are held on a server and your app will communicate with the server to check credentials.

Doesn't have to be that way as the login could be local only but rarely isn't.

For storing them on a server then you would be best to look into REST webservices and NSURLSession for GET and POST requests, as well as XML or JSON for the responses and how to parse them.

Have a quick look at PARSE.com as they allow a framework for logging users in etc.

Reactions: niledile

cudest

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
canada
Try to make app communicate with server and if server login is successfully done than you have to further look up for some coding mistakes. you can show your code here so we can suggest right way.

Reactions: niledile
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.