Logitech Cordless Desktop S 530 Laser & Intel Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by David P, Jan 18, 2007.

1. David P macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Logitech Cordless Desktop S 530 Laser for Mac: I've heard this package doesn't work with the Intel Macs out there at the moment (reading reviews from CNET website- I appreciate they are over 6 months old).

Does this setup still not work with Intel Macs or is there now a patch/driver (?) that works :)?

Have Logitech updated this kit to something else as the reviews are mixed too?

Best regards

David

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I'm using an S530 on my Intel Mac right now, and I love it. Works great, and strangely the Logitech Software is even more stable on OS X than it is on Windows.

3. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

it has always worked on my Macbook Pro since i first had it in august of last yr. no patch or additional driver needed. but if you want to customize it, you'll have to install a preference panel item.

4. David P thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your replies, that is great that it works with the Intel Macs... this does look one sweet combo!

Any comments/complaints about the keyboard keys (or anything for that matter) like it says on this page:
    http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/335/C6952/

Dave

5. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I rather like the keyboard. It's definitely different from the Apple one, and he's right that it doesn't feel "spongy". But I don't think a keyboard should be spongy, I think it should be more definitive and firm. The keys are interesting, they're somewhere between a classic PC keyboard feel and a laptop keyboard. It took me a couple days to get used to them, but I love them now.

6. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

i didn't finish reading that, but i got the idea.

the keys are as responsive as i need it to be. (from a type test i took earlier this week for fun, i type around 75 words per minutes, so i dont type slow nor only use two fingers), and they keyboard response to that just fine.

it doesn't feel like a bad quality unit at all.

i did hope it could've been bluetooth, however bluetooth doesn't transmit data fast enough, which will make most bluetooth unit unsuitable for a lot of situations. which is why you don't see the best mouses0 being bluetooth.

this is a good combo, you'll like it if you get it.

7. David P thread starter macrumors newbie

I can appreciate your comments, as my dad has a microsoft media keyboard and it feels like you have to press a bit harder on the keys than you do, say for a laptop, but this isn't a bad thing, I guess it is what you are used to :)

Dave