Logitech dual action gamepad

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by macstudent, Dec 3, 2003.

1. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

Hi, I just bought a logitec dual action gamepad after reading this review
    http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=425
    at inside mac games. Unfortunetly, I have not been able to get it to work with any emulation software (rocknes, snes9x) I even tried usb overdrive to map the keys (which it did in the system preferences and they worked there) but in the games themselves the controller is dead. I try to map the controls to the controller but the emulators will not see it. With rocknes I am using the emulator enhancer so it supports controllers, but that doesn't help either. Hopefully someone here has successfully made this controller work, otherwise I am returning it. And I am running a dual g5 on panther with all updates.

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Funny, not even an hour ago I downloaded Sixtyforce and Snes9X and a few roms to games of long past. My Macally gamepad wouldn't be recognized in any of the games despite my repeated attempts to replug the USB plug. I even tried my Logitech Rumblepad and alas it to was a bump on a log. Since I've used the Rumblepad whilst surfing a few waves in Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer, my only deduction is something is up with the emulator. I'm in the same boat as you are.

3. macstudent thread starter macrumors 6502

macstudent

Has anyone used this gamepad before, or has anyone successfully used any gamepad? I just would like any idea what to try to get this thing to work.

thanks again in advance

4. macstudent thread starter macrumors 6502

macstudent

I downloaded the tony hawk 4 demo and it sort of works. I can jump and grind, but the dpad doesn't work. I can use the analog sticks to turn, but that isn't any fun

I guess I am going to return it in a few days

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

This is odd, Panther actually got my Nostromo Gamepad to work finally.

6. babyLemon macrumors newbie

logitech precision refused to cooperate

Well... I just bought myself a logitech precision gamepad to button mash with SNES games. However, it seems like my computer refused to acknowledge it. It shows in the USB overdrive as a "joystick" with the correct name and all for some reason. I can't do anything with it, basically, and no matter how many times I tried to map button with SNES's control, I don't get any recognition from SNES.

My boyfriend got said gamepad to work on his computer. Exact same SNES, but it just works. He's running a powermac G5, and I have a powerbook G4. I am wondering if this is a common case for powerbook and gamepads? or is it just me?

BTW, did try gamepad companion, and it didn't work either. I think I mapped everything correctly, but all I get was a leftward input, so, my pointer goes continuously to the left and refused the trackpad or the mouse input.

help?

7. Muzukun macrumors regular

I know this thread is really old but I'm having the same problems as everyone else here. Is there a way to get SNES9X to work with my logitech dual action gamepad? Any help would be greatly appreciated, going on a flight in less then two hours and I'd like to have a game to play :)