Logitech G7 and USB Overdrive problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thenewguy, Nov 5, 2006.

1. thenewguy macrumors regular

Hi everyone. I'm trying to get my Logitech G7 to work with my new MBP, but I can't seem to do it. At first I tried the Logitech Control Center - but it never recognized that I had a G7 connected to the computer, even though I was using it. THen I tried USB Overdrive, but even when I assigned actions under the "mouse" nothing actually changed.

confused. help?

2. capoeira4u macrumors member

I have the same problem. And I think we're out of luck...

What's worse for me is that when I'm using it on my MBP (Intel), the cursor jumps around the screen! Sort of like trying to use a normal optical mouse on glossy surface. Does this also happen to you?

I'm pretty sure the mouse is not defective because it works fine when I'm using on Windows in BootCamp. It only jumps when I'm in Mac OS. I'm really unhappy about the $$$ I've just wasted on this piece of junk.

3. fhall1 macrumors 68030

fhall1

Did you ever have Steermouse installed? If so, you need to completely uninstall it (and any remnants of it) before LCC will recognize the mouse...you might try uninstalling USB Overdrive and see if that helps...could be the same issue as with Steermouse.