Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Once in a while I'll check to make sure my non-apple software is up to date, and a couple of days ago I noticed that there was a new version of the Logitech Control Center available (1.4.1).

After installing the software I noticed that the Control Center wasn't detecting my mouse after waking my PB and reconnecting the mouse. On restarting my computer, the mouse was detected. Also, using the system profiler, I was able to verify that the computer is aware that I've got a logitech mouse connected, even though the logitech software was not. (The mouse still works when not detected, but has quite a different "feel".)

I've (uninstalled and) reinstalled the Logitech software, deleted the preferences, repaired permissions, all the usual suspects. I'm also waiting to hear back from Logitech (I filled out a support form earlier). Right now I'm trying to get used to the default apple drivers, but I prefer the more "linear" feel provided by the logitech drivers. I don't want to switch to something like USB Overdrive, since there's no reason I should have to use a third party product to get my mouse to work properly.

Any suggestions? Has anyone else experienced or resolved this problem?

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Well, here's the update. I just got an email from Logitech and

"...you have a 12 inch PowerBook running Macintosh OS 10.3.6. Unfortunately, the software does not support the device on this OS. Logitech supports Macintosh OS X 10.1.2 - 10.3.5."

I guess I'll just wait for the updated drivers. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.