Logitech Mouse Giving me weird problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Liebo11, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Liebo11 macrumors member

Hi i have a logitech mouse from my old computer. Its a wired one just says premium optical wheel mouse on the bottom. Anyway . . . it seems like it has a mind of its own. It moves to weird spots randomly when i'm trying to move it to different places. Anyone know what the problem could be? Please answer thanks.

- J

2. Apple2Mac macrumors regular

Apple2Mac

is it a track ball? try poping out the ball and cleaning the ball, if it has a optical sensor on the bottom try cleaning it make sure ther is no lint or hair in the optical chamber...

3. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

its optical . . . but do you still need a mousepad with an optical mouse? i dunno what the deal with this is

4. Sobering macrumors regular

no need for mousepads with optical mouse...

i'd go get a mighty mouse...i love these things :)

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

With the earliest optical mice, before there were commercial mechanical mice, they used a mirror-like surface on the mousepad. If you're using it on a transparent surface with no reflectivity, that could cause problems.

6. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

i have mighty mouse but a frosted glass desk and a mousepad is absolutely necessary...so check the reflective properties of the surface you will be using your mouse on and go form there