Logitech Mouse Giving me weird problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Liebo11, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Liebo11 macrumors member

Jul 19, 2006
    Hi i have a logitech mouse from my old computer. Its a wired one just says premium optical wheel mouse on the bottom. Anyway . . . it seems like it has a mind of its own. It moves to weird spots randomly when i'm trying to move it to different places. Anyone know what the problem could be? Please answer thanks.

- J
  2. Apple2Mac macrumors regular

Sep 3, 2006
    is it a track ball? try poping out the ball and cleaning the ball, if it has a optical sensor on the bottom try cleaning it make sure ther is no lint or hair in the optical chamber...
  3. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

Jul 19, 2006
    its optical . . . but do you still need a mousepad with an optical mouse? i dunno what the deal with this is
  4. Sobering macrumors regular

Aug 27, 2006
    no need for mousepads with optical mouse...

i'd go get a mighty mouse...i love these things :)
  5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    With the earliest optical mice, before there were commercial mechanical mice, they used a mirror-like surface on the mousepad. If you're using it on a transparent surface with no reflectivity, that could cause problems.
  6. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2006
    i have mighty mouse but a frosted glass desk and a mousepad is absolutely necessary...so check the reflective properties of the surface you will be using your mouse on and go form there