Logitech mouse problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Blubbert, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Blubbert macrumors 6502

Nov 1, 2006
    I have recently purchased a logitech MX400 mouse to replace the Mighty Mouse, whose scroll wheel stopped functioning. I used the LCC to configure the 5 buttons the mouse has, however there is a problem. I want to use my fourth mouse button to serve as a means of interacting with Abracadabra, a mouse gesture plugin for Quicksilver.
    The problem is that if i use the 4th mouse button in an application, it works perfectly, however, if i use it in the Finder, the button works, and Abracadabra recognises it, but it also creates a lasso to select numerous files, kinda like if i held the left mouse button and dragged. I was wondering if there was a way to prevent the lasso from creating when the 4th mouse button is used in the Finder, as the lasso is extremely annoying and inconvenient.
  2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    I THINK that the latest version of LCC allows you to custom-set buttons for a particular application. Were this the case, you could just set that button to do nothing meaningful in the Finder. Although it should only be drawing the lasso if it's set to Button 1, since that's (as far as I know) the only "select" button in the Finder.

I have my Logitec mouse set to use the right button for gesture--as long as I star the gesture before the right-click menu appears, it works fine, including in the finder.

I'm using a different gesture software, though.