Logitech Mouse Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by simontarr, Dec 30, 2006.

1. simontarr macrumors 6502

simontarr

Hi there,

I've been looking at getting this mouse (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/GB/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=10917) because I've read really good reviews and it's highly customisable. But the small print says it's not mac compatible.
    I know the mouse's basic functions will work because it's USB, but I was unsure if it meant that I wouldn't be able to customise the button functions. I assumed it meant that I wouldn't be able to.

But then I was just reading this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=3192383#post3192383) and someone said that OSX can customise upto 96 different buttons on a mouse. So I'm just wondering if OSX will let me use the mouse and configure it, depite logitech saying it's not mac-compatible.

I hope that is the case because it's a nice looking mouse.

Hope that makes sense.

Si

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I don't know if it's compatible, but my room mate has that mouse and it's very nice.

3. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

4. simontarr thread starter macrumors 6502

simontarr

Nice one. Thanks for the replies.

I will probably end up getting it as it's very swish.

5. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

You might want to consider getting the Logitech V270, I have it and its a great little mouse. It's got a simple interface and doesn't have all those buttons you want to customize tho.

6. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Second that if you don't need all the buttons. The 270 is a very adequate rodent... One thing to consider is the adapter that plugs into usb. if it is straight, it gets in the way. the 270 has a straight one.

7. simontarr thread starter macrumors 6502

simontarr

I've look at that one, but I do really need the buttons.

Well, I say need, it's more want. I've used muti-button mice before and like not having to touch the keyboard when I dont have to. I have a pretty standard 3-button mouse at the moment so am using hotcorners (I never knew how good these were- I thought they would be really annoying and I would keep tripping them my mistake, but not so far!)

The buttons for forward/back in Safari and a spotlight button would be cool.