Logitech Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by edesignuk, Jun 27, 2002.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Bit of an odd one I know, but I just wondered if any of you guys have the Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical mouse, and if it was any good?
    Do you really notice a difference with the dual optical sensors?

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Re: Logitech Mouse

yeah man... it goes twice as fast!

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i was thinking about getting one of those mice.
    are you for real Beej!? wow, that would be so fast...

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I've been thinking about getting this one but haven't yet... I would put it onto the game computer, so that I would get more oompf from MOHAA or UT. :D

5. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I've been out and bought the MouseMan Dual Optical now, and i must say it's very good.
    I have the latest driver from Logitech (still beta for OSX) and it works nicely.
    The dual optical sensors do seem to make it soooooo smooth, its great, and the shape of the mouse itself is very comfortable.

6. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

7. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Besides being a tad expensive for a mouse with a cord?? How about the pop-up screen from their website?? I like the wheel better then some sensor for scrolling. It's easier to controll a wheel then the sensor, epsecially when you are going through a game and need to change weapons fast ;).

Once it is actually out, check out all the reviews before you purchase one...

8. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

Re: Logitech Mouse

This is mainly a mouse for gamers. The 2 sensors have good range but take up a lot of CPU. It's not twice as fast, but rather twice as accurate. That's why the gamers like it.

9. BiggeeC macrumors regular

on a sidenote.....

Can you use a mouse on a laptop? Just curious about this. I was playing with Mac's the other night, and I like laptops, but I hate that stupid pad thing you have to use. Thanks

Chris

10. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

11. BiggeeC macrumors regular

on a sidenote.....

Can you use a mouse on a laptop? Just curious about this. I was playing with Mac's the other night, and I like laptops, but I hate that stupid pad thing you have to use. Thanks

Chris

12. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

After using the Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical for a few days now I really can't recommend it enough.
    It is priced well (£30), very comfortable (the Apple Pro mouse I'm sorry to say, was driving me mad, not comfy at all), and is very acurate and smooth.
    Deffinatly worth a look if your in the market for a new (optical) mouse :D

13. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: on a sidenote.....

Any laptop with a USB port can use a current generation mouse (provided it is also USB).

Don't think you have to get one that is only for the Mac either, just about all pc USB mice will also work on the Mac (Logitech being better then the stupid miced from m$).

BTW, avoid double posting (select the edit button and then use the delete option at the top section of the window to delete one of them). That gets people offended, since it will artificially increase your post count.

14. BiggeeC macrumors regular

Gotcha. Thanks Alpha. Although I'm curious why having a high post count is important....

15. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

At 500 you get to put up an avatar, which many people set as a goal. Right now there are three top posting people... two of them being over 4000.

There are other benefits for getting the post numbers up there, if you don't contribute, and become a demi-god ;), you get processor names under your handle... I think they stop at 2000 or 2500 at the moment, until they can come up with more. I don't think that arn ever though that people would post this much to his site. :D

16. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

When I was in the Pcheese world , I used a Logitech mouse that had drivers that allowed the pointer to jump to the next selected item.

This really helped sometimes in cutting down arm and hand movements, I really like it.

Does anyone know of a mouse that has thing properties in its drivers.

Perhaps the new dual optical has this ability?

17. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

These are the only preferences available using the current driver (Beta for OSX) from logitech...

Attached Files: