Logitech MX 1000 mouse and gaming?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jc0481, Jun 11, 2005.

1. jc0481 macrumors regular

Mar 16, 2005
    Just curious to know works well with everyday programs AND games. I mean running all sorts of games. Thank you
  2. lordmac macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2004
    Santa Cruz, CA

Well i just got one and have to say i LOVE this mouse, and it works great for everything, i have done so far. But ill admit do to a large amount of work i have had to do sense i got it and i haven't had a chance to really put it through its paces gaming with it. Played about 10 min of halo and 10 min quake 3 and that pretty much the extent i have used it with gaming so far. Once i get through this sudden increase in work i will certainly test it out more throughly. Though judging from just using it normally it should work great, as its super accurate and fells good in the hand.

Also if you need an answer soon, there have been tons of thread on this topic just search for them. :) :) :D
  3. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    Can you use two MX1000 Laser mouse next to each other?

I am using MX1000 for my 15" AL and I have BT mouse (MX900) for my 12" PB (both PBs are next to each other). Since I like MX1000 (very precise tracking and good battery), I would like to buy another MX1000 for my 12". Does it cause any interferance if you use two MX1000 mouses at the same time for two different computers?
  4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    While its a very nice mouse, I don't like it for gaming. Actually, I don't like any wireless mouse for gaming. I find them just slightly too heavy for the quick movements needed for gaming. I prefer the Logitech MX 300 for gaming. I use the MX 1000 for everything else.
  5. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

Jul 4, 2005
    Deepest Regions of Hell

I used a wireless mouse for a bit but i hated it! ever run out of battery when you are in themiddle of a game?? or get low even? it SUCKS! so i got a Mx510 and i LOVE it, its not as nice as the 1000 but i still love it...logitech makes a killer gaming mouse, plus the 510 is a bit cheaper too! :D