Logitech mx 1000 or Apple Bluetooth Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dcl, Aug 6, 2006.

1. dcl macrumors regular

dcl

Logitech mx 1000 or Apple Bluetooth Mighty Mouse ?

Would like to save some money, but also want an excellent wireless mouse. Really don't care if bluetooth or RF

Any reason to pass up $39.00 Logitech MX 1000 for a $69.00 Mighty Mouse?

2. Jopling macrumors 6502

Logitech all the way, i have MX900 which i picked up when it was like $90. Definitely the best mouse I have used, it has lots of buttons that i like to use for expose.

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

im in a similar situation. Im very tempted to get the BT MM, but people keep on recommending the logitech mice. If i got the logitech, would it work with my MacBook's built-in infra-red reciever? If it doesn't im getting a MM.

4. chris y. macrumors regular

I have the MX1000 and love it. The only reason why I would want to switch to the mighty mouse is because it matches so nicely. Other than that I think the logitech is more comfortable and easier to use in every way.

5. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Mighty Mouse FTW! It's so nicer to have in your hand, and is more precie IMO. I also think the buttons are placed nicelier, and though the MX1000 has more buttons, I still say MM.:D

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Geeze, we're in a totally different price structure it seems.

The wirless Mighty Mouse here is $109, the MX1000 is about $149.

The cheapest wireless laser mouse I've found is MS's mobile wireless laser mouse for $99 - the BTMM doesn't seem like such a bad deal in comparison.

7. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

Yeah. take your vasoline if your buying anything from anywhere in Australia.. GST is your friend. *sigh*

and our dollar is reasonably strong at 76.6 US cents..

taxes, import fee's, rah rah. RIP OFF

8. cbetta macrumors regular

I use them both. the mx1000 is way better, but it looks so.... black

9. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Mighty Mouse! Especially if you have an apple keyboard :D

10. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I am getting very fed up with my Logitech S530 keyboard, so I might be moving back to my Apple keyboard and getting a new BT Mightymouse

11. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

MX1000, much better build quality and no need for scroll wheel maintenance unlike the Mighty Mouse. There's also a learning curve with the Mighty Mouse as you have to lift your left-finger to right-click which is a killer in games.

12. Sam* macrumors regular

Sam*

I'd say the mx1000, its a great mouse, feels really nice in your hand and many buttons which you can customise for what you want them to do,

for example i use the application switch on the side as a middle button to open new tabs and such purley because it feels more natural using this way

Customer service is also great my scroll wheel stopped working as a button, phoned up and i had a replacement at my house withing 3 days.

13. TBR macrumors 6502

I have a wired mighty mouse and a logitech mx700 and the logitech blows the mighty mouse out of the water.

14. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Mighty Mouse/Keyboard, the ONLY thing I can't stand from Apple...I picked up the Intel Core Duo's 20" iMac & MacBook on June and upgraded to Wireless BenQ and Logitech LV400 Dual Laser Mouse...!!!

15. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

if you're left handed, which many mac users i know are, you're probably going to find yourself angry for buying pretty much any logitech mouse.

BTMM all the way. it's by far the best mouse i've ever used, sod all this 10 button carp. :rolleyes:

16. danny_w macrumors 601

Logitech MX1000 - no comparison to me. I can't stand the flat feel of the Apple mouse (any of them) and the scroll ball is so far back on the MM that it is painful to use. I had a Logitech MX700 and loved it. I now have a Logitec MX518 and it is the best mouse I have ever used bar none.

17. TBR macrumors 6502

Good point about left and right handers!
    But I have to disagree about the buttons, the more the merrier.

Quick point about the mighty mouse, if (like me) you rest your fingers on the mouse while using it you may have problems training yourself to use the mighty mouse as having your left/right button finger resting while clicking the other messes up the touch sensitive buttons (in my experience, i can't be the only one that does this?).

18. 2ndPath macrumors 6502

I am left handed, but never used mice with my left hand. But then I think all mice I ever had were symmetric (including the logitech ones). So I don't use the mouse right handed because of the shape of the mouse.

Anyways, there are symmetric logitech mice.

19. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

i have really like my RadTech BT600. Accurate, comfortable, rechargable.

20. odedia macrumors 6502a

Logitech hands down. Very comftable, firm, good grip, no strain on the hand, lots of customizable buttons in OS X as well, looks very good with a pro apple machine (not so great with a white consumer product).

21. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Another vote for the Logitech. It truly is the better mouse. Hands down.

22. waynesun macrumors regular

waynesun

Definitely go with the logitech mx-series mouse, you will not regret it.

23. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

You should have made a poll :)

and logitech MX-1000 without a doubt. It is a brilliant mouse, accurate and comfortable. I just wish they had a blue tooth version.

24. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

If this helps you at all, dcl, I am selling my MX 1000 this week on eBay and buying a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse