Logitech MX 510 support for MAC?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by cmx08, Aug 18, 2004.

1. cmx08 macrumors regular

I just got an 510 after using the 500 and 700. The thing is that it's my second mice that does not work with mac out of the box.

M$ BT lags
    and this one got 8 buttons but it's worst than the apple mice, because they don't work at all.

the cursor moves but no click. any help?

2. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

3. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

try USB Overdrive search for it on versiontracker.com

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...USB Overdrive is great but I am not sure if it will work with a Bluetooth mouse....maybe try the new Logitech 1.3.0 software that was posted today.....oh yeah

5. starcrossed macrumors regular

Logitech just released an update to their Logitech Control Center today thats supports newer mouses and keyboards. You might want to head on MacUpdate or VersionTracker and download and install that first to see if it now works. I don't couldn't imagine it not working at all, even after this.

6. cmx08 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys

I read that review and i got USB overdrive but i didn't not pay for it so I still could not use the buttons.

I got it yesterday afternoon, i was mad, i e-mailed Logitech, and today, the new firmware is online. this is sweet.

i didn't find it yesterday, i was so mad that i when to sleep with a headache since i love logitech and it's MX series but it did not work even with usb overdrive for me.

good stuff logitech.

this MX510 is the real replacement of my MouseMan+ first gen.
    since the 500 and 700's paint got all washed out.

7. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Hmmm

I have had the 510 for about 2 months now and I have always been able to program the buttons using the older logitech driver.

Good buy, I love this mouse! :)

Nuc

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I have the same mouse, and i just installed the software and it works fine for me for a while, then my back foward buttons stop working.... and i have no idea how to fix it.... tryed re-installing.....but no luck