"Logitech MX1000" Does Have OSX Driver

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by SAdProZ, Apr 12, 2005.

1. SAdProZ macrumors 6502

SAdProZ

Before I recieved my Logitech mx1000 mouse in the mail, I read from many MacForum members that they adored their mx1000 mouse, but that they could only assign Expose functions to the extra buttons because there was no driver install for the Mac that would allow them to utilize the extra ones like our PC brothers and sisters could.

I'm posting this to inform you that there is an OSX driver. Logitech never included them in CD, but you can download it from their website. Here is the link, and enjoy:) :

Logitech MX1000 OSX DRIVER

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah, I still rather not to install the software. The buttons work perfectly for expose, no need for the clutter. :)

Not saying anything against you, it's just a matter of opinion. I support Logitech all the way for actually supplying drivers for the Mac, which is more than what I can say about other manufacturers...

3. SAdProZ thread starter macrumors 6502

SAdProZ

Yeah, I agree with your decision not to install the driver. Mac OSX actually handles the mouse much better with the default driver than with the Logitech one. I can scroll up and down a webpage much faster, for instance, since I uninstalled the logitech one. But again, the above post is for owners to know that their mouse is supported and that there is that option (im sure everyone would sleep better)

4. kbonnel macrumors 6502

Since I am having my powerbook hard drive replaced, I will try my MX1000 without the Logitech drivers too see how it works. I didn't have any problems with the Logitech drivers, so even if I want to reinstall them I didn't see any problems.

Kimo

5. SAdProZ thread starter macrumors 6502

SAdProZ

There is nothing wrong withe the Logitech driver (as far as i know). Its a matter of preference. I default driver allows you to scroll up and down a webpage/document much faster than the Logitech driver. thats my preference. Also, the Expose functions can only be assigned to the buttons if the Logitech driver is uninstalled (me thinks, not sure).

6. the future macrumors 6502a

You can assign Exposé functions (or any other function/key/key combination) to any button you like with the Logitech driver. It works really well.

7. andrewfee macrumors 6502

I set the extra buttons on the mouse to "advanced click" and gave them each their own button number. (1-6; I've got the buttons above/below the wheel set to zoom in / out)

Then I went into system preferences and set buttons 4,5 & 6 (the back/forward/app buttons) to Exposé.

8. Fredstar macrumors 6502a

Fredstar

Question about MX1000 and Expose

I have kinda bought this after reading reviews...it is killing me not having a scroll wheel and i wanted 2 buttons.
    Anyways, this seemed the job.
    Can i set one of the buttons on the side AND F9 to trigger expose or can i only assign one of the other
    thanks
    Fred

9. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

I'm using an MX1000 with the logitech drivers - are you saying that with the standard OS X drivers it is more responsive at scrolling or just more sensitive?

10. andrewfee macrumors 6502

Doing what I suggested lets you do this. Set each to "advanced click" and a single click as the command. Then assign a button number.

My setup was:

Left Mouse Button: Standard Click
    Right Mouse Button: Advanced Click, single click, #2
    Middle Mouse Button: Advanced Click, single click, #3
    Back Button: Advanced Click, single click, #4
    Forward Button: Advanced Click, single click, #5
    App-Switch Button: Advanced Click, single click, #6
    Tilt forward/back buttons were assigned to the keypress to zoom in. [command] + [option] + [- / =] if I remember correctly.

Then just go into Exposé's options and add the three mice buttons. (you can set up a config for mouse and keyboard controls)

I found it was less sensitive with the drivers, but that was easily fixed by going into the Logitech options and turning the speed up. (you can also have accelerated scrolling with them)