Logitech MX1000 issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cwright, Jul 24, 2005.

1. cwright macrumors 6502a

I got this mouse as a graduation present at the beginning of summer this year, and I love it to death, but... there's one little thing that's been bugging me.

Every now and then the cursor will jump up an inch or two on the screen. It happened rarely when I first got it and I tended to ignore it, but lately it's been happening more frequently and i'm getting frustrated with it.

Is this a common problem? My understanding was that the laser mouse was much more accurate than optical and less prone to these types of problems?

Anyway, should I return it? I know that it was purchased at a local store, but I'm sure it's too late to return to the store. So do I send it to Logitech directly? haha, I'm not used to this... I always buy my toys online :D

2. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

Not normal, I have mine for like 4 or 5 months and it works great

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

What type and color mouse pad do you use. If you don't use one, what type and color surface do you have?

4. cwright thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's just a basic grey mousepad. It's really old and dirty, and getting pretty beat up, but my 2-button optical scroll mouse before (also Logitech) worked just fine.

5. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

This may sound really silly, but do you ever run off the edge of the mouse mat? I have the same mouse and when I get to the edge it jumps all over the place.

6. cwright thread starter macrumors 6502a

No it rarely, if ever hits the edge of the mousepad. I have the sensitivity up high enough that it can move across the entire screen with just about an inch of physical movement. And come to think of it, i get the same 'skipping' when I use it on the desk without a mousepad and when I sit back and use it on my leg (having a wireless mouse is great :D )

7. cwright thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I'm pretty sure I have a faulty mouse. Right after I sent an email to Logitech's support staff, my scroll wheel stopped working! :eek:

I hope they're easy to deal with when getting replacement products...