Logitech MX518 vs. S+ARCK woes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sic, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Sic macrumors 6502

Oct 26, 2005
    Southampton UK
    does anyone else find that the logitech MX518 doesnt work very well at all on a powerbook? it's really jerky and crap on mine, whereas the S+ARCK is really smooth and just generally great!

i was going to invest in an MX1000 but i dont think i'll bother now if it's going to be like that!! :(

anyone got any experience with MX1000/518?
  2. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Jun 14, 2005
    I have an MX300 and it's great! It's much better than my MS Blue one (not being biased, it's the truth). I've never used a S+ARK so I couldn't tell you how it compares to one.
  3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    It could be that the MX518 isn't officially supported by the Logitech software. My MX510 works quite well with my PowerBook, with or without the LCC software.
  4. mactim macrumors member

Jul 27, 2005
    The Logitech software doesn't properly support your MX510 on my Powerbook. It runs at 400dpi, the 800dpi tracking mode (advertised on the box) needs the driver to activate it; and the OSX Logitech driver does not do this.
  5. plasticparadox macrumors 6502

May 24, 2003
    Do you know if USB Overdrive can do this?
  6. mactim macrumors member

Jul 27, 2005
    I'm afraid USBOverdrive or SteerMouse won't help.

7. Aliquis macrumors regular

Oct 4, 2004
    I just hate logitech's driver all together!!

I have a wireless logitech keyboard/mouse combo. Does anyone know if there's something like USB Overdrive that will do the wireless driving?

Please let us know!!!