Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

treysmay

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
toronto, ontario, canada
I was at future shop yesterday looking for a new mouse. I saw the Logitech mx900 sitting there and really considered buying it considering it was $dollars Canadian cheaper than the mx1000. But on the box it said only windows compatible. I thought BT was universal. :confused:
Anyways if it does work with Mac do you need the base station or will it just work fine without it, ex as a laptop mouse.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
If your Mac has a BT, you can hook up Logitech MX 900 BT with your Mac in less than 10 secs, without the docking station. I use it with my 12" PB as I don't want to plug in and out the cord for the wired or base-station-type mouse. You cannot use the installation CD which comes with the mouse, though (because it is for only MS Windows). However, you can program a few bottons on the Logitech BT mouse for the Expose through System Preference (you can assign 3 expose hot keys to your mouse bottons). My 12" PB and Logitech MX900 works like a good couple. The only downside is MX900 does not tell you the battery status as it is only available for PC.

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
yup works great with a mac.

my only problem is battery life.. it's pretty bad. i hear the mx1000 is A LOT better.

oh and you'll have to have the base setup for recharging the batteries in the mouse, at least have it plugged into the wall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.