Logitech MX900

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rockandrule, Jun 9, 2005.

1. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if you have to use the adapter for the Logitech MX900 if you have a Bluetooth PowerBook?

2. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

you wont need to use the adapter your pwoerbooks bluetooth should detect your MX900 mouse and away you go!!!

ShadOW :p

3. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

That is correct. The adapter / pod is used for charging since the PB has bluetooth builtin... for me at least.. :p

4. rockandrule thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you very much guys. I'm sorry that I asked something that all I had to do was search for the answer for. Thank you guys for being so kind though. Any opinions on the Logitech V500?

5. hipster macrumors newbie

Logitech MX900 Not Mac Friendly

I made the mistake of buying one of these devices last week. Since it was being displayed by the local independent mac dealer I thought it would be a sure thing.

While it has all kinds of cool buttons and features, Logitech provides not way to adjust the settings of any of them. As a result the mouse click button only works with some programs. The scroll wheel does work but I would advise all Mac users that this product is not made for the mac. Logitech specifically states on its support website for the MX900 that Logitech only supports this product for Windows.

Steer clear and stick with companies that clearly support the Mac Platform!

Hipster

6. aboutthat macrumors regular

True that there is no native support for the mac, but for the most part, these settings are customizeable through whatever program you want to run. The left and right buttons, along with the scroll wheel, always work, and as for the myriad of other buttons on there, I'm not sure what you really need them for that you can't already do with the scroll wheel and buttons. Sure, it'd be nice to have them as scroll buttons I suppose, but when you can map them to Expose with them, why bother since the scrolling is already taken care of with the wheel? For 3rd party stuff, you could set up their functions within that; it's just a matter of figuring out what button goes to what number. Hope this helps!