logitech presenter

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mpinsk, Nov 7, 2004.

1. mpinsk macrumors newbie

Anyone have any luck getting logitech presenter (the bluetooth presenter tool) to work with os x ?

I have an ibook g4 and built-in bluetooth module.

I've googled the topic and found sporadic posts about some people getting it to work by using the logitech bt dongle, and others not getting one of the buttons to work, and others trying to use gamepad companion to program the buttons.

Please post any experiences you've had with this product. Mine should arrive next week :)

2. mpinsk thread starter macrumors newbie

presenter

This is how far I got with the Logitech Presenter:

I can pair it w/ my iBook's built-in bluetooth using 0000 pairing key. It works fine except the right button (button 2) won't go to previous slide in presenter mode (using Powerpoint 2004). The LCC 1.4.1 software won't even detect the device. 3rd party software won't fix the button issue (gamepad companion / usboverdrive).

Now I tried using the USB bluetooth dongle supplied by Logitech. The Presenter device paired with the dongle, no problem. I get the same right button (button 2) problem. However this time LCC 1.4.1 actually detects my device and lets me go to the configuration window. Unfortunately, no matter what I set button 2 to do (left key, page up, command-click), it won't move my powerpoint presentation back a slide.

Anyone have any advice ? I have emailed logitech support, they really should support the mac for the BT devices.

Thanks!
    Mark