Logitech PS2 headset and Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by sanford, Nov 4, 2003.

1. sanford macrumors 65816

Does anyone know if the Logitech USB headset for Playstation 2 -- the newer $40 one; not the cheapish one that came with the first version of SOCOM: Navy Seals -- is compatible with Panther as a sound input/output device.

As far as I know, it's standard USB hardware and should work as a microphone and mono headphone for use with things like iChatAV but I was wondering if anyone has tried it with success or failure.

2. woody188 macrumors newbie

From: http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/archives/jun03/063003.html

Report that Sony PS2 SOCOM Headset works with iChat AV
    "...I thought some of your readers would want to know that the (Logitech) USB headset that comes with the Sony Playstation 2 game "SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALS" works wonderfully with iChat.
    It's plug and play, the OS (10.2.6) picks it up as soon as you plug it in, no driver install needed. You may need to change your preferences in the Sounds Preference Pane first though. Sound quality is fantastic (both ways), even though it's not a stereo headset.
    Mike H."

I've got the new one. I'm going to try it out!!! FYI, Best Buy had it on sale for $30 last week.