Logitech Quickcam Zoom with Powerbook

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Fabrix2003, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Fabrix2003 macrumors regular

Er,

i got a problem with the quickcam zoom camera in yahoo messenger it comes up as green, diesnt this camera come with any setup software??? i installed it but sed it supports up to 10.2.4 im on 10.3 so is this why it is green in colour and ded dark?

:confused:

2. llywelyn1984 macrumors newbie

3. noaccess macrumors 6502

Generally, Logitech is a b***h when it comes to providing support for quickcams on mac. There is a third party driver you could use, it worked for my QuickCam Web which didn't ship with any OSX drivers whatsoever.

Link: Macam 0.8.4

Also, make sure you follow the instructions in the Readme file located in the disk image.

Oh, and good luck :)

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

5. haiggy macrumors 65816

My software worked just fine on 10.3 and even now 10.4. You could buy iChatUSBCam for iChat and adjust the settings under iChat. Not a bad solution. It's cheap, and you can use it on iChat.

6. mcmillan macrumors 6502

I have that camera. Macam will give you a driver, but it's still going to come with come weird color overlay. The only solution I found was to plug in the camera, set the Mac to sleep, wait a couple of seconds and wake it up. Then the image should come clear. You still need Macam I think.