Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnguynn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Guys and Gals,

I followed the instructions from the sticky for setting up the Logitech Remote, but none of the buttons seemed to work right even after I'd assigned them to what I thought was the proper keys. This was probably my mistake, but after trying for a while with the mac mini setup, I decided to just go back and type in Apple TV for the device. Voila, the Logitech remote now plays nice with the Apple TV. So it seems like Logitech has added the Apple TV to their device list and the setup is pretty easy. Cheers.

kman34

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Yep, I was able to use my Harmony remote to control my appletv...It's great to be able to sit back and have control over all aspects...including the volume! :)

billabong

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2004
Guys and Gals,

I followed the instructions from the sticky for setting up the Logitech Remote, but none of the buttons seemed to work right even after I'd assigned them to what I thought was the proper keys. This was probably my mistake, but after trying for a while with the mac mini setup, I decided to just go back and type in Apple TV for the device. Voila, the Logitech remote now plays nice with the Apple TV. So it seems like Logitech has added the Apple TV to their device list and the setup is pretty easy. Cheers.

I found a workaround a while back before it was added, by adding it as an iPod and it worked fine with everything. But I alway seem to have issues when searching in YouTube going between LETTERS always seems to skip a few. Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to update it with the new AppleTV setting and see how it works for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.