Logitech Revolution

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cube, Aug 24, 2006.

1. cube macrumors G4

2. Easy Rider macrumors member

3. ohalexis macrumors newbie

4. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

5. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

1. the 'regular' mouse slow scrolling is waaaay overdone
    2. can you just pagedown or enter the page you wish to jump to in the page field?

seem an odd marketing strategy? but then again, besides bluetooth and laser, there isnt much going on in the mouse world.

6. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

That thing looks ridiculously cool! :eek: You'll be my best friend if you buy me one! :)

7. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Very good point, I agree with you. Will anyone buy a mouse because it has superior scrolling speeds?

8. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

9. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

To me, just the thought of low-friction scrolling is brilliant. There have been many times where I have to scan through a long document and get tired of scrolling after the 10th page. Even though it cost almost twice as much, I would happily buy this instead of a BT Mighty Mouse.

10. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

Why are so many of Logitech's ice so ugly? This is one of the ugliest mice I have ever seen. I certainly won't be buying one.

Also, Logitech really should have put Bluetooth on the notebook model. Having a dongle isn't a big inconvenience for desktop use, but it is a pain and is easily lost by notebook users.

11. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

IMO, it looks great, but I accept that some people may find the looks a bit off-putting.

As for the dongle, isn't saying that it's easily lost like saying for laptop users it's easy to lose memory sticks?

12. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

I guess so, but it's still one more thing I have to worry about. I'd rather not have to worry about plugging anything in to use the mouse.

13. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Looks smooooooth. But no bluetooth is a nogo for me.

14. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Why not just middle (scroll wheel) click and move your cursor up or down? :confused: It's much faster than this Revolution thing and costs at the least $10.

15. cube thread starter macrumors G4

Well, the scroll wheel of the Revolution does not middle-click. I guess one could reprogram the search button, but still. I imagine that would be really uncomfortable.

Meh.

16. PaulinMaryland macrumors regular

PaulinMaryland

well, of COURSE the Revolution just came out: I ordered my daughter an MX518 last night! I asked whether she preferred the MX518--which operates essentially like her MX510--or the newer G5, which is better for gaming. She preferred familiarity.

I'll get her MX510 to use at work with my laptop. But dang, if I knew that the Revolution was coming out..

17. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I saw the larger one at Sam's Club yesterday for $69.99, I believe. Seems as though the box was a bit heavier than some of their other mice. Now, if there was a cordless mouse that responded like a corded mouse...

18. paperinacup macrumors 6502

I just bought one at Best Buy. I actually LOVE it. Its pretty cool. I wouldn't say its for gaming though. But its the smoothest coolest mouse I've ever bought.

19. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

screw that. i had a go with one in a shop on saturday. no go for the left handed population. along with most of these silly-amount-of-buttons mice.

not that i like them anyway.

20. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

Rediculously over hyped. You would think that these days they would include bluetooth versions of both the desktop and notebook mouse.

21. n8236 macrumors 65816

I want the Rev. MX for my mbp, but I don't like the idea of carrying around the charging base. But I did notice the Li-Ion battery in it does come out, so perhaps I can some sort of smaller charger for it instead. Anyone have any ideas about that?

The VX is said to be a better choice for notebook users since it's smaller w/ most of the MX's functions.

The MX is SO hawt, but i can't find it anywhere cheaper than 99 bux.

22. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

And you're ok with having a little ugly PC'ish dongle hanging out the side of your MBP? or with the Desktop one that you actually want, you're ok with having to plug in a huge, ugly base station?

23. paperinacup macrumors 6502

ummmm unless im missing something the battery does NOT come out. its in my hand and i cant see how.

24. n8236 macrumors 65816

I don't really care about the dongle cuz my flash drive does the same. And I'm sure most portable ppl have those "ugly" flash dongles as well. I plan to use that mouse for home use. I have a small one for portability purposes.

Perhaps Logitech's flash demo tour of the Rev. MX is misleading?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=12134

Click "View Product Tour" and in one of the flashes, it shows the battery coming out. Am I mistaken?

25. paperinacup macrumors 6502

Wow it does appear that way but from looking at it its completly sealed. There is literally no way of getting it out.