Logitech Rumblepad--did I make a good choice?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mangoman, Jan 31, 2003.

1. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

Just ordered one of these from Logitech's site. Anyone out there currently using one? Thanks!

2. mangoman thread starter macrumors 6502a

mangoman

3. mangoman thread starter macrumors 6502a

mangoman

4. AnotherMortal macrumors regular

Re: Logitech Rumble Pad

Never used it. I use the Belkin Nostromo n50 on my Dell and my iBook, and its nice. The rumble pad though? depends on if you play games that would make good use of the gamepad

5. bombensington macrumors regular

Re: Re: Logitech Rumble Pad

i have the thrustmaster. it seemed pretty cheap at the store - not the cheapest, but not the most expensive.

ive been VERY happy with it - it has all the buttons i need, and has worked really well. the rubber grips help too.

6. AnotherMortal macrumors regular

buttons

Do you like pressing your computers buttons? :p <laughs> sorry...I'm in one of those goofy moods.

7. mangoman thread starter macrumors 6502a

mangoman

I have a Thrustmaster. Wireless, too. And it's built in to my "Main Console"... if ya know what I mean (wink wink).

:D

ANYwayyyys, thanks for the feedback. When THPS3 arrives tomorrow, I'm gonna be really curious to see how this Rumblepad works with the game. And I'm REALLY hoping the dang thing works as a standalone gamepad whether or not all the rumbling and tumbling is supported or not. For example, I'd like to be able to use this for other, regular games: Wipeout 2097, Medal of Honor, etc.

We'll see....

8. AnotherMortal macrumors regular

MOHAA

My office sometimes does "video performance testing" on the new machines before we set them up for the users. One of the "tests" is for FPS. Sometimes we do "video performance testing" on our desktop machines during our lunch hour.
    When we're running these tests, I like using my Nostromo game pad because it has 10 programmable keyboard-like buttons (for the WASD setup) and a D-pad for look, or whatever you want to programming to do.

If the gamepad has enough buttons, you should be fine, but I still find myself reaching for the keyboard to drop my gun, or hit ESC to select a new starting weapon.