Logitech S530 and USB Overdrive

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rogersmj, Oct 16, 2006.

1. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I got my Logitech S530 today and so far I love it, except of course there's the ever-present hated OS X mouse acceleration. In my previous setup, I was just using an MX1000 with the Apple keyboard, and USB Overdrive to fix the acceleration problem.

Well, as I've discovered, once you install the Logitech Control Center, USB Overdrive ceases to work. To use USB overdrive, I have to remove the LCC -- but then I won't be able to use all the media buttons (play/pause, volume, etc) on my S530 keyboard. Does anyone know of a way to still have these media keys function AND disable the craptastic OS X mouse acceleration? I'm growing infuriated with my iMac just because of the mouse movement. It's driving me batty.

2. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

Have you tried MouseZoom. I have never used USB Overdrive so i am not quite sure what it does but MouseZoom is really simplistic and hopefully it will work.

3. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Thanks, I just installed that and it's good for changing the tracking speed but unfortunately it doesn't affect the horrid acceleration algorithm. My biggest problem with it is that when I move the mouse very slowly, the cursor almost doesn't move at all. When I try to speed up a little bit, the acceleration suddenly kicks in and goes crazy and I overcompensate.

4. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

In that case i would contact the developer of USB overdive or try steermouse. It has a setting for acceleration so hopefully that will help.

Hope that helps