Logitech Smart Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wrxguy, Sep 19, 2005.

1. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

just browsing around on the Logitech page and i happened to come across this they call it the "Smart Mouse" it turns on, off, and goes to sleep when yoru computer does, it alerts you of emails and im's via 2 little lights on the side, it has new laser that is suposadly really gnarly, does volume controls, and has the fully functional scroll wheel with tilt and everything. This thing had my money UNTIL i found out that it is not Mac compatible! WHAT ********!!!! how long till you think it will become compatible cause when it does I'm gettin it

edit: I have also noticed that MANY of Logitechs products are not mac compatible??? WHAT GIVES?!??!?!? they have some awsome stuff but not for macs!?!?! COME ON!~? any explanation ??

2. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Marketshare.

They would have to write a complete set of drivers for the mac platform, and likely not worth their efforts.

Although most mice can be just plugged in and will work, this one sounds like it has a bunch of bells and whistles that would require the software...

Maybe next year when Apple takes over the world :cool:

3. wrxguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

We can only hope! instead i went ahead and bought the mx1000 and honestly now I could care less about this smart mouse, the mx1000 pretty much as most of those features ex the mail and im notification. It is seriously the best mouse ever