All iPads Logitech ultra thin question

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Jachrist, Feb 15, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Best buy has the ultra thin keyboard on sale this week. As I was looking at it in the store, it looked like a great idea and it felt comfortable to type on. BUT:

Every set of reviews I have seen online is that the rubber strip in the slot that holds the ipad comes off after a relatively short time of usage. The leftover residue then gets on the ipad screen.

My question is : why is it so popular then?

Do you that have them simply deal with the glue residue? Is there some permanent fix that I haven't seen online yet?

2. macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have had zero problems with mine, and I love it
    Can't imagine using my iPad without it now
    It has drastically improved the usefulness of my iPad for me and my work

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

How long have you had your keyboard? Just curious.

Thanks.

4. macrumors regular

I use it to replace my laptop on certain days of the week, and during the night, I use it so I can watch my videos. I am must certainly going to buy it for the iPad mini.

A little over two months for me.

5. macrumors P6

MacDawg

6. macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

How have you adjusted to the smaller keyboard? I just bought one on ebay for $75 for my ipad 3 and just started using it but I'm making a lot of typos. Also, is there anyway to make autocorrect work with a bluetooth keyboard?

7. macrumors newbie

On mine, the rubber strip started sliding up after two months. It was only mildly annoying at first, but the increasing bits of glue residue proved annoying. I eventually removed the strip, scraped out the remaining glue residue, and its worked fine since then.

8. macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Have you tried making Logitech replace it? Maybe they fixed that production issue later on and you have one of the earlier ones made.