Logitech Unveils New Case+ Product with Multiple Accessories

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 1, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Logitech has unveiled its new Case [+] product for the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5, which contains a metal case and multiple magnetic attachments including a leather cover, a mount for use with vehicles, a wallet, and an external battery.

[​IMG]
    The Logitech Case [+] ​
    The [+] tilt attachment provides users with a leather cover that can also be used on the rear of the iPhone as a mount or kickstand, while the [+] drive attachment can be used as a magnetic mounting solution on a car's dashboard or windshield. Both attachments connect to the back of the case, while the [+] tilt attachment can be detached to be used as an earbud wrap.

[​IMG]
    Logitech's [+] tilt Attachment ​
    Case [+] also includes a [+] wallet accessory that can be attached to the back of the phone to hold cash, credit cards, and keys, as Logitech's "Magnashield Technology" prevents cards from being demagnetized. Finally, the [+] energy attachment includes a mountable 2,300 mAh battery that utilizes a port connector, and also includes LED lights that display how much battery is left in the case.

[​IMG]
    Logitech's [+] energy Attachment ​
    Logitech's Case [+] system will be available later this month for $199 and can be preordered now from the company's official website.

Article Link: Logitech Unveils New Case+ Product with Multiple Accessories

2. macrumors 68000

musio

Logitech Unveils New Case+ Product with Multiple Accessories

Great case but not at a more expensive price than buying the actual phone on contract!

3. macrumors 6502a

4. macrumors 68040

boshii

It's a little late to be just releasing a case for the 5/5S form factor.

5. macrumors 6502

That's pretty expensive, you'd really have to want those features to spend that.

6. macrumors newbie

Having good features and characteristics but too expensive and not having a fine and attractive look. Its also late in the market.
    http://gamesandphones.com

7. macrumors member

Ivan0310

Based on the number of people I still see carrying the 4/4s form factor as well as those who have just recently upgraded to the 5/5s, I would have to disagree. Furthermore, there is no solid evidence that the 5/5s form factor is dead upon arrival of the new model this fall. If anything, there is history to support that it may yet stick around.

8. macrumors 68030

MrXiro

they had me until they revealed the price... pass. I just bought a case that has a open window and can be a stand for under 14 bucks... $199... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

9. macrumors 68000

musio

Exactly my thought too

10. macrumors 68040

boshii

For one, they missed a ton of potential sales by introducing this so late in the game.

Also, anybody who's buying a 5/5S after the release of iPhone 6 is not spending $200 on a case considering it would cost more than the upfront price of the phone itself. This thing is DOA.

11. macrumors 6502a

While you do get quite a lot for $200. But no sane person is going to pay that kind of money for a case.

12. macrumors member

I'll buy it when it's in the $0.99 bin at Staples.

13. macrumors member

$199? I'll pass. Especially since I'll be upgrading to a larger form factor iPhone 6 as as soon as it's released. Might have been interested if it came out when the 5 first did although $199 is still a lot for a case, even with those other features.

14. macrumors 603

Stella

15. macrumors 68000

musio

Even 150% off that is too expensive. Ridiculous..

16. macrumors regular

A battery pack and car mount in addition to a case for $200? I would totally buy that if I had an iPhone 5 or 5S. Mophie's juice packs(smaller battery capacity than this) costs upwards of $100 by itself!

17. macrumors 6502

I like the modular idea, but why not just sell the basic case and let you buy individual accessories? I wouldn't mind maybe trying that wallet thing or the battery case — but as for the others, I don't have a car, and I sure as hell don't need a weird magnetic backing to put my phone on the refrigerator (!?)
    Idiots.

18. macrumors newbie

The velcro version of a mountable case for iPhone

I am not so keen on the magnets... It becomes quite costly having to purchase all the different accessories which are only good for one specific thing. I like the Velper which is basically a Velcro version of this. Much more affordable comes with a handful of the docks which can be used anywhere and the cover is pretty protective too

19. macrumors newbie

Velper

You stick these hands where you want your phone to be mounted and I must say the hold is very secure but light enough to remove with ease

Attached Files: