Logitech v270 v. BT Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by flalaw, Nov 7, 2006.

1. flalaw macrumors regular

Unfortunately I can't find the v270 in any stores near me. Can anyone comment about the feel compared to the mighty mouse? Any other stuff I should take into consideration? I know that the MM has horizontal scrolling which is kinda cool. The BT MM is really expensive, but it'll match my computer too.

BTW, I love how my old MS Intellimouse felt, but the only BT ones I could find don't have that large roundish base that fits into your palm. Any suggestions?

2. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

I use the v270 and think it feels completely fine. It's a bit heavier than I would like, but not really an issue.

When waking the computer and trying to connect, it always takes a few seconds but, I hear this is normal for bluetooth devices. I bought it since it was the cheapest bluetooth mouse I could find at the time. Battery life seems ok, it has a light for when the battery is low. I'm fine with the mouse. I'm not sure how much comfort you are looking for, but it has never caused me any discomfort. I agree that MS mice feel very comfortable, and the v270 does not look as comfy since it has square edges, but I don't find it bad at all.

3. flalaw thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the input!

4. Romulus macrumors regular

I just got my V270 which will come to like $20 after rebates... I red many reviews about it and the only thing I was concerned is slow wake up times after really fast standby and thus hick ups.

I had the LX7 from them which was a 2.4ghz mouse. By comparison, this one does not look as sleek, yet still quite good looking, much better than in pictures. Also, it is actually much more comfortable for my hand (I have long fingers) due to its increased vertical dimension.

It works perfectly, about 2 seconds once you flip the on switch, and after that I feel no hickups. Maybe tenth of seconds after standby, which is perfectly fine for me. It is quite fast across the screen which I like. From reading all reviews out there, I think it is comparable even if not superior to many other mice. It works from across the room without problems.

The bag it comes with is great, and very small. The mouse is very solid, so I have no worry of tossing it into the bag along with the macbook.

It does have horizontal scrolling by clicking the wheel laterally.

I cannot comment on the battery life, but people online have reported 3 to 6 months with regular use...

In conclusion, I'm very satisfied so far

5. A is jump macrumors regular

A is jump

I have the bt mighty mouse, and I have to say it can be frustrating from time to time. the left/right clicks don't always trigger to the respective function... sometimes the left click ends up triggering the right but more often the other way around.
    It may just take some getting used to on my part... but it is deffinitely frustrating at first.

6. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

I have a Wireless Mighty Mouse and have absolutely no problems with it. It works like a gem. It also has a great battery life. People always mention the "faulty" right click for this mouse. What they don't realize is that the right click is not faulty but just really sensitive. You cannot have your index finger on the left click area at all (this is extreme touch sensitive) or else it will not register as a right click. You must remove your index finger from the top shell completely in order to get a flawless right click. You get used to it after a while as well.