Logitech V500 cordless

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by YS2003, Jul 15, 2005.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    The post on MX518 prompted me to post this thread as I am interested in hearing from people who are using V500 Cordless mouse. The specs on Logitech website showed it has a good RF frequency for lag free tracking ability. The V500 is also Macintosh compatible and is said to have the battery indicater (which comes in handy). I am looking for a good mouse (without a large base station) for my 12" PB.
  2. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Not sure about the Logitech V500 mouse - but I have used and own several other logitech mice and I love them. I would be very hesitant to buy any other brand of mouse besides Logitech.
  3. whiteangel macrumors regular

Aug 29, 2004
    Guess what? I just bought a V500 today and I LOVE IT ! It is pretty small so you may wanna check it out and see if it will be a problem for you.

To me the response is the same as using a corded mouse. Some people reported problems with the sensitivity settings going back to being very sensitive whenever you restart or reconnect the mouse. I had the same problem, but uninstalling LCC a restart, then reinstalling it seemed to solve the problem. I almost paid $20 for USB overdrive just to be able to keep the sensitivity settings. And overdrive allows you to set it to scroll faster horizontally, the LCC scrolls slowly horizontally. But I decided that $20 wasn't worth it.

I also got xGestures from the recommendation by someone else in this forum. OMG it makes up for all the missing buttons I am missing from my mx510 (too big for me cause my wrist to hurt).

Another thing that I'd really want to add is that the pads at the bottom make the mouse so damn smooth! And the weight to it is nice, making it feel well built, unlike the light cheap feeling mx510 I have which isn't as smooth on the same surface. Maybe because the pads are new I am not sure, but that was the first thing I noticed when I started using it.

Ever get tired of scrolling through long pages with the wheel? I do, especially when I am coding and the page is SUPER long. This thing is great, as now I just put my fingers at the edge (depending whether you want to scroll up or down) and press it down in the direction desired and hold. The page will keep scrolling until you let go. If you just want to scroll normally, just move your finger like you will when you use a wheel.

I am a very happy person today !

Hope this helps you! And sorry for the long post.