Logitech V500 Mouse issues...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by CaptainMatt, Feb 8, 2005.

1. CaptainMatt macrumors newbie

Feb 8, 2005
    I have an iBook G4 and I just got the Logitech V500 wireless mouse. The problem is when I restart the computer or put in the USB reciever into the computer. The mouse cursor speed always gets changed when I do this. I have it set pretty slow, but whenever I restart or put in the reciever it never remembers the speed I had set. It always moves so fast when I do this. I have to go into the mouse preferences everytime and move the mouse speed.

The interesting thing is that the setting stays the same in the menu, the little mouse cursor in the menu never changes. I don't understand this. Has anyone seen this before? What can be done about this problem?

Also does anyone know how to map the solid state scroll wheel to go back and forth on a page?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    you dont need me to tell you that sounds very weird.

i bought a V500 months ago to go with my future Powerbook. so i used it on my windows laptop and it was fine, but very fast. i slowed it down and everything was ok.

got my powerbook, plugged the mouse in, slowed down the mouse (again)... and now its fine. no problems at all with it.

have you tried looking for drivers for it? or are you plugging another mouse into it?

as far as i know the V500 has an acceleration system which i think is built into the mouse itself. and the PC application has the option to turn this off, but there is no mac app.

sorry i cant be of much help.
  3. Tomaz macrumors 6502

Feb 24, 2004
    I'm having the exact same problem using an PB and the V500. The speed always goes back to "normal", after unplugging the mouse, which is actually quite fast (too fast for me anyways).

Any solution to this problem yet ?
  4. whiteangel macrumors regular

Aug 29, 2004
    I had the same problem, I uninstalled my LCC , restarted, then reinstalled it again. Solved the problem for me. Maybe you can try?

As for mapping the horizontal buttons, you can try using USB overdrive, I heard it works.