Logitech VX Notebook mouse problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thenewguy, Dec 23, 2006.

1. thenewguy macrumors regular

Hey everyone

I recently got the VX notebook mouse (the small one) and it is wonderful except for one thing - I can't get the scroll speeds to be correct. right now both the horizontal tilt wheel and the regular scroll wheel work VERY slowly, even though I have the options set in both the Logitech Control Center and the mouse settings to their fastest.

any ideas?

2. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I have the exact same issues with my VX and MX Revolution mice. The scroll function is not working properly for some reason for OS X. I am disappointed with this mouse as I am sure this is an unacceptable flaw.

3. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

I also have the VX revolution and I have a question. Before it seemed to be working fine but now it seems to have lost accuracy and is about as accurate as an old ball mouse. Do you think I need to install the drivers? I had them installed before but without them the scroll worked fine so I chucked them. Thanks for the help.

4. thenewguy thread starter macrumors regular

I figured it out!!

You have to change the settings not only under "global settings" but under the firefox choice in the dropdown menu as well! the default was very slow, so I upped the acceleration and now its perfect.

5. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Can you try it with Safari as well?

6. Duda macrumors newbie

Have you seen that you must to configure those parameters of speed on each program???? It's boring and annoying, but after you do this, it'll be as fast as you want for each program. So you can scroll slowly for Finder, but much faster for Safari.

But there is still a problem for me, on horizontal scrolling the fastest you can select is not enough for me. And the most annoying thing: i cannot configure my VX as central button. There are thousands of configurations but i cannot select central button so that Autocad (via Parallels) uses the Pan when I press the central button. For other programs there are tricks. In Sketchup I configure the button as Command+Click.

7. qbmcnabb108 macrumors member

qbmcnabb108

Does anybody prefer this to the MightyMouse? I have heard that the right click on the mighty mouse does not alwasy work.

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'm personally not fond of Apple's mouse design, so yes, I'd say this is a superior choice. Logitech is generally considered to produce the best mice all-around. I use an MX518 and it's excellent.

9. qbmcnabb108 macrumors member

qbmcnabb108

Thanks for the reply...I have a logitech mouse for my PC and i love it so I think I will go with the logitech for my new Mac.

10. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

This is an excellent mouse but even after reinstalling the drivers I still get small glitches and non-smooth operation once and a while. Does anyone know the reason? Should the receiver be placed closer to the mouse perhaps?

11. speedyj88 macrumors newbie

i just got an mx revolution and cant figure out the software. im trying to remove the application-specific rules but whenever i hit the little minus sign and go back to the drop down menu, the apps are still there. i just want one global setting. im running logitech control center 2.1.2 on mac os x 10.4.8 on an imac intel dual 1.83, 2gb. ive tried repairing permissions, uninstalling, restarting during the proper times, deleting every logitech file on the computer and reinstalling it but havent succeeded. my friend has the same setup with no issues.

thanks in advance

12. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i have an mx revolution, and horizontal scrolling is really slow no matter how i change the settings. it's so slow that i've given up entirely on horizontal scrolling (never really cared for the feature anyway). instead, i'd prefer a hotkey for the tilt, but there doesn't seem to be any way i can do that.