Logitech VX Revolution mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aaronw1986, Dec 6, 2006.

1. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Opinions on the VX notebook mouse from Logitech? CNET gave a great review, but I want to hear what you think. I'm thinking about getting it from buy.com with google checkout...sound off!

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Two thumbs up. My favourite mouse (despite the dongle) so far even for desktop use...

And this is my wireless mouse collection :eek: (VX on right)

[​IMG]

3. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

A mouse collection that big should be in a zoo, or at least in a cage of sorts:eek:

4. techster85 macrumors regular

haha, seening that picture never gets old, it always brings a smile to my geeky heart haha

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Wow that's impressive!

I wish I had all of my trackball collection to show off like that! :D

6. miniguu macrumors regular

7. djkny macrumors 6502

wow, the jay leno of mice. Where's your hanger for all of these?
    Which one do you take out for a nice cruise along the virutal strip?

8. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

On the PC, I have to say the Revolution MX works great. But it just doesn't feel the same on the Mac - partly due to the tracking behaviour under OS X and mainly due to the drivers. The scroll switching doesn't always work properly for a start. For a mouse I feel very comfortable with on either platform and is flat out the best-behaving wireless mouse I've had so far under OS X is the Revolution VX. I have medium-sized hands and I also really like the compact shape.

If you do a lot of detail work when mousing, I find the Wireless Mighty Mouse perhaps a little more accurate than the VX, but it's two-'button' silliness, premature wear on the teflon surround at the bottom and a couple of other things make it an also-ran for general purpose use. Both the WMM and the VX do however make excellent travel mice.

9. O. Frabjous-Dey macrumors regular

I agree with Sesshi -- the VX is a great mouse for OS X. It's very precise, goes forever on a battery (well, about a month and a half for me, but that's pretty good for a single AA), and has features up the wazoo. I especially like that you can put the dongle INSIDE of the mouse for traveling; it'll even turn off the mouse when you insert the dongle and wake it up when you eject it. They really designed it well.

The one annoyance I have with it is that if you haven't used it for a while you need to click and wait for about ten seconds before it "wakes up." Presumably this is to reduce battery usage, which is a good thing and a tradeoff I can live with.

10. miniguu macrumors regular

Just what I wanted to hear. Before I pick a VX up for an Xmas present, how heavy is the VX compared to the MX900? I have the Mx900, and it's just a tad heavy for gaming. (WoW)

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i wanted to like the VX but the MX felt better in my hand. but i wouldn't heisitate to get the VX for a portable if i had one.

12. charkshark macrumors member

charkshark

Nice! Even got a mighty mouse in there.

As far as the actual Logitech VX goes it is quite comfortable and is my mouse of choice for gaming as well as casual computing.

13. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks, that makes me comfortable about my purchase! Should be getting the VX next week!

14. O. Frabjous-Dey macrumors regular

I used to have the MX900. That was a great mouse.

The VX is significantly lighter. It's a notebook mouse, so it's gotta be, although it's bigger than most notebook mice. I've played City of Heroes for hours with the thing.

15. setso macrumors member

..What's that ugly white thing at the middle-right ..looks strange to me :eek:
    ..Na ja, must be one of the first mouse in your collection from years ago.
    ..Thankfully the design changed over the years to more ergonomic stuff :cool:
    ..(off topic: i really have to mention ..this is a tuff collection, salutations)

16. defsquad macrumors regular

i just got a vx revolution, and originally had been using steermouse, but now i want to use the logitech control center application, however when i open the app it says that no devices are connected. i followed logitech's troubleshooting instructions that said to go get the connection utility. i got that utility and followed its instructions, however it still will not show the vx revolution in the LLC listing of connected devices. Has anyone actually gotten this to work? Do I need to uninstall steermouse for this to work properly? I have rebooted 3 times already as well; just in case that matters.

If anyone has this working, please let me know what you did.

Thanks so much.

17. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

18. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I have both VX and MX Revolution mice. For some reasons, the scrolling is not as smooth as MX1000 Laser. I wanted to like Revolution mice as they look very nice. So, I went back to my trusty MX1000 mice for now. Revolution mice work perfectly with Windows PC though:confused: .

[​IMG]

19. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

I'm having the same trouble, except with the MX. I'm going to stick with Steermouse for now, but I suspect that to get LCC working you are going to need to remove Steermouse.

20. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

well I have an ibook with 10.4.9 and the lcc cant see my vx either:mad:

21. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

The MX revolution has been just sick for me. Except for gaming, I go straight Razer Copperhead :D

22. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

I love my MX1000; been using it for 2 years. Wish Logitech still sold them as I haven't found a single "trustworthy" online seller... Have a feeling the beating mine has taken will mean its demise soon..:(

23. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

I recently got the VX Revolution & love it so far!
    Haven't set up the special functions, but thanks to the helpful advice here, I'm hopeful that it won't be too bad.

24. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

i found those customizable keys in the software hogs a lot of resources, so i dont even use it. it's great even without those keys.

25. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

Good to know - thanks for the insight!