Logitech X-230

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Nuks, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Nuks macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know how these speakers are? I may have a chance to get them half price.

Thanks.

2. paperinacup macrumors 6502

decent thats all i have to say is decent. better than no speakers. they aren't loud but at the same time they are better than most built-in speakers.

3. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know they're not going to be incredible, but I'm just assuming that they will be louder and have more bass than the macbook's piece of **** speakers.

Half price for a brand new item can't be bad either...

4. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

for the money the logitech's are hard to beat, the quality isnt that great, but they work well for desktop speakers.

I just bought some, I forget the model now, but they are 5.1 but without the built in decoder... I have them plugged into my airport express for air-tunes action.

the subwoofer is under my desk, I have it turned the WHOLE way down, no kidding, it's boomy, even at it's very lowest level, I find it still too boomy, perhaps I should move the sub somewhere else.

It's obvious they are targetting gaming and techno weenies that love the 'boom'.

I had the top of the line ones a few years ago.. the Z680's or something? Out of the box the subwoofer had a rattle in it, it went back, the next set also had a rattle. in the end i was in the shop i bought them from, going through every set they had on the floor, testing them, every set had a rattle in the sub, I got a refund.

But yer, for the money you spend, they work well for some regular listening, etc.

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

All the Logitech setups seem to suffer from too much woof. Try stuffing a rag or some foam into the tube to damp it a little.

6. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a