LogMeIn - Very laggy

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Sdevante, Apr 7, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

After reading rave reviews on here, I downloaded the LogMeIn Ignition app to access my MBA with the iPad. Except, the dang thing lags so bad it is really not useful at all for any kind of web browsing on flash sites, etc. I even adjusted the resolution and color settings to no avail.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

2. macrumors regular

No I have the same problems and I am pissed. For $30 it shouldn't have these issues. Another issue I'm not happy about is it wont play my computers sound to my iPad, so i cant listen to music or movies from my computer on my iPad. It's ridiculous, should be a $10 app at best, it doesn't even fill the entire screen.

3. macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

You guys are crazy. LogMeIn from the iPad/iPhone is not supposed to replicate desktop experience; it's more for accessing files, starting downloads, transferring files, etc via a remote device. You're missing the point.

4. macrumors 65816

Dammit Cubs

Of course it's laggy, you are remote connecting. It was already laggy on the iPhone version, but it worked. I can setup bit torrent files to download and check on them remotely using log me in. It's by far my most used app on the iPhone and it will be the most used app on the iPad as well

5. macrumors 68000

You guys are surprised and pissed that you cant watch Flash movies through LogmeIn? Well duh. I mean I tried it too out of curiousity but I did not expect it to work at all, was surprised it even pulled it up.

As someone else said, the point of the program is to access files on your computer...maybe to email to someone in an emergency or something like that. I was actually surprised how well it works...I was able to log into my Quickbooks...take a look at accounts and everything. i think its a great app.

6. macrumors 6502a

i use the iphone version all the time. It work's flawlessly even over 3G.
    Obviously not for video or flash content, but that's a given you have to assume when using remote access software.

By the way.. when is Apple going to wake up and learn from logmein?
    I've been able to use back to my mac maybe twice in a year. most of the time firewalls in between prevent the conection to even be made. I've had zero problems with logmein, no matter how many NATs, firewalls or anything you need to pass through.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Apparently my expectations wre not properly grounded. I do see it as a very useful app in general, just not for me at this particular point. To each his own, lol

8. macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I find LogMeIn Ignition to be pretty quick on the iPad - certainly faster than it was on the iPhone (to be expected - the iPad has a much faster processor.)

I have the color settings and quality set to max, and it's still fast over Wi-Fi.

Of course I don't watch movies or play games through it - there are more specialized apps for that - but if I need to email a file, check the status of a download, or just get some info that's on my Mac, the larger screen makes it MUCH easier than it's ever been before.

9. macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Logmein is the best thing since sliced bread and I can't wait to use it on my ipad!

10. macrumors newbie

logmein is laggy even

on desktop access with wired t1 connection.
    on another note, can anyone share copying and pasting experience using logmein ignition for the ipad?

11. macrumors 6502a

Right clicking with LogMeIn for the iPad is really easy (tap with 2 fingers). So, copying & pasting files in Windows explorer is easy, as it's just right clicks.

On the other hand, selecting text involves a more awkward gesture (I think tap, release, tap and drag), so copying & pasting text has that issue. Once the text is selected, it's easy to right click to copy it.

12. macrumors regular

whats a good app than for if you want to watch videos you may have on your comp? do they make anything?

13. macrumors newbie

Try Air Video, for the $3 the thing works great. It converts your movies on the fly to be compatible with the Iphone/IPad. It then streams the movies to your device without the need for storing it on your device.

"whats a good app than for if you want to watch videos you may have on your comp? do they make anything? "

14. macrumors 6502a

I understand why someone might have misunderstood the app's purpose, but yes - it's not feasible to use it to watch video or use Flash.

The video or Flash will work fine on your desktop, but you'll be seeing like one frame every two seconds.

It's also not great for anything that requires fine mouse control, for example, cropping a photo in photoshop (though it's possible).

Those are about the only limits, though. You can launch or close programs and windows, use the web browser, delete or rename files, download things, render video as long as the original file is already on the computer ... anything that doesn't involve either rebooting the computer or physically touching it, for example, to load a DVD into a drive.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502

I have since switched to Air Video for video streaming, Streamtome for audio streaming, and use Logmein for remote downloading or otherwise accessing my computer from work. Works great all the way around.

16. macrumors 68020

for me logmein is perfect on a pc but verry laggy on my mac (also it randomly disconects). i hope the company addersses this problem because im sort of mad. my houes floors are getting done so when i want to acsess my imac its really anoying when it lags:mad:. so ill give logmein a total 80 percent on my test, if fixed it will get 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000:D