Logo for the local crossfit team

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by wedelgaard, Aug 8, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Hi guys,

Just wanted your opinion on my latest logo design. The logo is being printed on training tees for my local crossfit team.

Hope you like it :)

[​IMG]

2. macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

I often feel that way about kettle bells.

Personally, I really like it. Very striking. Very bold. Nice work.

But I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here...From a marketing standpoint, a skull might not be the best way to attract new people and grow your business. It carries a connotation of death. Exercise and fitness should probably convey the opposite. Granted, I don't know what you're trying to convey, so feel free to disregard all of that.

Still - nice work.

3. thread starter macrumors member

You are absolutely right. The slogan the team wanted was "get fit or die trying". That should fit nicely with the skull :)

Personally I think the slogan is a bit cheesy.

4. fig
    macrumors 6502a

The image is striking, really nicely rendered. I'd be curious to hear your process on that.

It works well for a tee but I can't say I love the type placement in relation to the mark, I feel like you'd probably want the mark a bit bigger. The type itself isn't bad but it's not especially inspired either, the feel of this seems like a chance to use a bit more interesting typeface.

My only concern would be if there's any need for it to be used a smaller application, you'll lose a lot of that really nice detail at smaller sizes if it needed to be used on a business card or something similar (but it sounds like you may not need to).

5. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

What I dislike about cross fit, people who do it don't talk about anything but cross fit.

6. macrumors 6502

7. macrumors member

Well done , I just think the Fw part doesn't fit or needs to be removed. And leave use the cross text + symbol only =)