logo ? help ?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by thevessels, May 8, 2006.

1. thevessels macrumors regular

ok so dont think im some kinda logo design pro here .. ha , just lookin for some constructive criticism , even harsh criticism :)
    thanks
    [​IMG]

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

what's it for? (a website? business cards?)

at first I am drawn to the last one but it depends on its intent.

3. thevessels thread starter macrumors regular

yeah website right now . just somethin to start workin off of .

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I think I like the black backgrounded one the best, though maybe that's just because it stands out against the no background ones.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

A few initial thoughts...

• The leading is too small. Increase the vertical space between "bnw" and "consultants."
    • The space between the n and the w isn't visually consistant with the space between the b and the n
    • What do the boxes mean? Are they there to fill up space, or do they represent the four partners in the firm, or...what exactly?
    • Does the font choice reflect the vision/character of the company and/or industry?

6. thevessels thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the input .
    umm the boxes dont mean anything , just wanted a clean pace filler .
    and i think the font and such matched the character of the company , its a mature/older people managed/audience , but they still want to look modern and not outdated , yet professional .

think im on the right track ? should i just clean it up a bit or start from scratch .

oh and i really dont want a black website , eww , so which of the white bunch do you all think looks the best ?

7. thevessels thread starter macrumors regular

8. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I really like the one on the left! More so than the one with the black background.

9. thevessels thread starter macrumors regular

thanks , im with ya , i have a really nice rusty read color im gonna use to accent selections on the web site .

10. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Ive set up a website full of logos to offer inspiration for people designing logos. Take a look at www.logolibrary.co.uk. Tell people about it too coz its an invaluable resource in my view. :)

11. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

12. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

I'll chip in with a contrarian position -- I hate the font. I think the BNW is profoundly unreadable. Remember that the first thing someone is going to do is to try and read it as a word - and that word is -- confusing as heck. The choice of lower case does not convey a clear cue that it is an acronym. You dont see IBM or BMW or CIA in lowercase ever.

The B is really ambiguous, it could be a L O kerned too tight. Or a P with a misguided descender. The W might be a V or M or .. something

Something about that B and that W makes me think the logo is upside down. That's just a first glance gut reaction.

The choice of a B that might be a P and might be an O and a N and a W makes me associate it with pwned - which is a bad association esp. in a computer related business.

Make sure you test print in black and white to see how it's going to survive poor reproduction. The thin, reversed out BNW is going to have trouble.

13. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

I actually like the font, one change I would make is in the W, I would make it so it almost looks like to 'v' s next to each other, keep the same font, just put a clear out a sliver in between the two v's on the w. You might like what you see.;)

14. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

Right then it'll be sharpened quills at ten paces :)

There's no way that the w appears as v's in this logo. And I think that it is the W that give the whole logo a lift and makes it stand out. Although the W does need a little bit of extra kerning.

I was thinking of modifying the whole typeface a bit, maybe adding some little square serifs

15. thevessels thread starter macrumors regular

sorry before this thread picked up again i made a little mock up simple web page
    let me know what you think , i know its simple and without content , but , let me know :)
    http://bnwconsultants.com

p.s. how much would you charge for a site like this ? and to host w/email from month to month :D thanks dudes

16. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

I like it, especially the opening and closing. A few points that I would consider . . .

> Incorporate the squares a bit more into the design
    > Change the colour of the main window
    > Make the navigation fit in more with the logo

It's a good start though, but could do with some tweaking in my opinion.

::20ROGERSC::

17. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

It's nice, simple, and with the right amount of movement.

(although I agreed with canada ram on the v vs. w thing so what do I know :rolleyes: )