Logout

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Ladybug, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I'm getting logged out when responding to threads in MacRumors. By the time I hit Submit, I've been logged out. Is there someway to adjust the timeout so I don't have to retype my post? I'm not particularly overly slow typing or anything but I do try to be thoughtful when I reply and give good feedback. Anyone else having this problem?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think the log out time is about twenty minutes. In that time you'd just need to refresh a forum page in another thread to keep yourself from being logged out. Do you have your browser set to remember your password? :)

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Like MJ just said...just refresh the page every now and again(I think its a 10 minute limit) because if you take too long then your beautiful post is wasted and I know you can't be bothered in reposting.

Bless

4. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

However, if you don't want to store your log in, but spend more than the 10-20 minutes writing out an extended post, you can simply log back in when prompted and anything you've submitted to be posted will go through.

5. Ladybug thread starter macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Thanks all..I don't normally set my browser to remember any passwords but will give that and the refreshing a try.

lol 2nyRiggz. I usually do bother and I repost what I was typing originally, just probably not word for word. Anyway thanks again.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

If I'm typing one of my insanely long posts, I click the Preview Post button now and then. It not only keeps me logged in, but lets me see how my post is looking so far.

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

***pictures Doctor Q's posts primping and preening themselves as they prepare for their public showings***

***falls on floor laughing***

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

And I should have previewed that one. It had "lets" misspelled until just now when I fixed it!

***falls on floor laughing at self***

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

*Falls on floor laughing, just 'cause the cool kids are doing it*

10. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

*Sits defiantly in chair just to be contrary*

11. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

*Comes into room after everyone has left. Falls on floor anyways*

What's the prob? I just re-enter the username/pass, and the post is posted, in it's original glory. And then after its posted, of course, I spellcheck.