LOL - Panda Garden Restaurant in Edmonton

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sun Baked, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

How dare they serve dog meat instead of Panda meat, as advertised in the restuarant name. :D

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

One of the many reasons I don't eat meat. :ewwww:

4. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Hehe. Panda.

My father and his co-workers once conducted a bit of an informal survey after they noticed the peculiarity of the close proximity of many Chinese restaurants to animal hospitals and pet stores. They went around the Denver area and found 17, count em, 17 Chinese restaurants right next to or across the street from animal hospitals or pet stores.

Food for thought.

Food for vomit.

5. Sun Baked thread starter macrumors G5

Sun Baked

C'mon there's nothing wrong with serving the meat in Edmonton.

How dare that guy not get that doggie in the window inspected by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. :eek:
    No wonder some of those cooking shows were saying that they got the BEST Chinese food ever in Canada. [​IMG]

6. avus macrumors regular

How many Chinese restreants are there in Denver area? Must be in hundreds, and 17 seems to be such a low number to insinuate anything - my nearest KFC is right across an animal hospital, for a heaven's sake!

Just because you don't eat a certain food group doesn't give you any right to spread a very prejudicial data. I find it highly amusing that this highly bigoted news is posted at "Mac"Rumors Forum when Apple is reportedly making a deal with McDonald's. There is no Hindu in North Ameria running around and spreading bigotry about people eating beef, you know.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Are you replying in anger because you own a Chinese restaurant? The truth isn't bigoted. I don't think the problem is that they're serving dog. It's that they're serving dog as something else. Chinese restaurants in Philly's Chinatown tried this years ago and got caught for serving cat.

8. Tim Flynn macrumors regular

Now where will I go ?

That apparently not the only restaurant of the owners :eek:

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Sorry to hear that you went there. Perhaps, you were there prior to their cost-cutting ways.

I always eat Shrimp/Prawns at Chinese restaurants since they're hard to fake. :D The price may be higher, but I know what I'm getting.

10. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Exactly. Okay, maybe it's just me, and I'm not at all Asian, but why not eat dog or cat? It's meat, right? I'd understand if the problem were that domestic animals have a higher incidence of disease or other contaminants, especially if the animal was obtained after death at a pet hospital--but to not eat it for the sole reason that it's an animal some people keep as pets seems silly to me.

*puts on flame-retardant suit*

11. Sun Baked thread starter macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Family pets that died at an animal hospital probably would have a higher chance of dying from disease and/or still having their body full of toxic chemicals after long illness (especially any chemo).

Right now there's a couple sections of the Valley where pets have been vanishing, and this time it isn't link to a neighbor trapping them.

Certainly wouldn't want any of those families to find out their night on the town may have included eating the family pet.

Of course this ring here in town may be related to the resale of expensive pets (since those are the animals vanishing).

12. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116