Lollapalooza 2006

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OnceUGoMac, Aug 5, 2006.

1. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Anyone else going?

We keep getting there late, so we missed The Eels, The Editors, and the Raconteurs yesterday and missed Nada Surf, The Go! Team, Built To Spill, and Wolfmother today. We saw The Violent Femmes and Ween yesterday, and saw Sonic Youth, The Dresden Dolls, and The Flaming Lips today. The Flaming Lips were amazing as expected. I doubt we'll see anything to top them. Tomorrow we're going to see The Shins, Of Montreal, Wilco, Blues Traveler, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. My biggest gripe is that the schedule is lame. The Flaming Lips should have gotten top billing for Saturday; instead, it went to Kanye West. Who the hell is going to see Kanye West? The Flaming Lips had 40,000 + people watching; the field was filled to capacity. It was awesome. I wish they were playing tomorrow.

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Considering the flaming lips are more obscure now then they ever have been, they wouldn't get top billing. They haven't had a new song on the radio since the mid 90's.

3. OnceUGoMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I would say the exact opposite. They've hit a resurgence these past few years. Kanye just got top billing because a) he's from Chicago and b) "George Bush hates black people."

4. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog