London Apple Store Gallery

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Patrick Usborne, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Patrick Usborne macrumors newbie

Mac Users, I'm studying architecture over in London at the Architectural Association. The design project I'm working through is to design a gallery for the roof-top of the Apple Store, London!!:) The gallery will be used by the Apple Store and it's customers....

At the mo I'm looking at programme, i.e, what will people do in the gallery. I thought the best people to ask is the Mac Community!!!!!!:

Does anybody have a list of activities, things to do and view, that they would like to see in the new gallery that would compliment what is currently in the Apple Store? [example; an iLife Workshop space, an exhibition space to display work by users of the software Aperture, cafe to discuss Apple topics... ideas could be endless]

To have a look at the designs so far, check out my blog; Light.Bender.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Patrick

2. iGav macrumors G3

let me have a think.

love your blog by the way.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

A cafe with a small Apple museum and maybe some concepts that didn't make it to production.

I wanna see that PowerBook G5. ;)

4. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

5. Synapple macrumors regular

I concur. Would soooo love an Apple café.

6. Patrick Usborne thread starter macrumors newbie

A cafe it is...

It looks like a cafe will be the top of the list, and it would have to have the best food in town.....

Other's;
    2. An Apple museum including past concept products
    3. Display of rumored Apple products - PB G5 here we come....

There must be more ideas!!!!!?????:) :)

7. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

I doubt Apple would give you past concept images, but if they did, it would be AWESOME.

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'm going to agree on the cafe bit too - perhaps because it's all that's missing when you're hanging around to see a Genius or whatever.

I would like to add some sort of automatic beam that destroys those who are merely there to check their email with no intention of ever purchasing a Mac. I get that the idea is letting people become familiar with the Mac interface and hoping that they keep it in mind when they come to buy their next computer. But when you're trying to check out a piece of software to buy and are surrounded by backpackers checking emails who are only there because it's free and who are making remarks to that effect, it's annoying.

I like the idea of a gallery but not of old Macs; I mean, who's going to be interested other than geeks? The only way in which I think that might be useful if it was showing the Mac with the equivalent competitor of the day.

I'd like the gallery to contain relatively current examples of what can be produced on a Mac - a little like the FCP demo that Jobs showed last year.
    With perhaps an area for the public to show their stuff so that potential new customers can see how impressive it is. So there's an iMovie gallery, a Motion gallery.

9. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

UKnjb

Not sure if this is a good idea, but how about exhibits of opened-up Macs, with detailed labels describing what the various bits are inside the and how they have changed through the years; maybe in contrast with PCs? Maybe with a video running through that describes the history of Jobs and Mac.
    The cafe has to be a must and it should sell the very best espresso coffee in the world (as in, certainly not Starbucks).
    And your blog is indeed interesting. Good luck with your studies and I hope that us Brits are treating you well.

10. mannix87 macrumors 6502

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

cafe + hallway of the some of the favorite past Apple ads in frames?

12. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Small shop selling apple posters ads etc, or something like the company store in Cupertino - Apple branded merchandise? I doubt Apple would let you do that, but it would be awesome.