London/France/Italy mac cybercafes?

Discussion in 'Community' started by joeswinehart, Jun 12, 2005.

1. joeswinehart macrumors member

Greetings-
    My wife and I are getting ready to leave for a little summer vacation, and I thought I see if there were any locals with inside advice on mac-friendly cybercafes along our way. We?ll be going through London, Paris, Chamonix, Venice, 5 Terre & Rome (plus a few little stops along the way). We?re traveling with our new Nikon D70, and it might be nice to occasionally dump pictures onto CD to free up the card, plus email out a postcard to the family...and I thought it might be worth checking in to see if any locals had tips for possible cybercafes where I might be able to use a mac. Any of you Europeans/fellow traveling Mac users know if this is likely?
    Thanks
    ~joe

edit...looks like in london, the best place is the apple store. Any tips on france or italy out there? Universities with lax policies on who uses the macs?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    In London, use the Apple store - all the other tourists do :rolleyes:

There are internet cafes but I'm not sure I've spotted Macs in any of them and they can be pricey depending on location/time of day. Easyeverything (easily spotted thanks to lots of bright orange) has rolled out to various Euro locations but it's PC only and I'm not sure if you can download to CD.

Link with store locations

3. javiercr macrumors 6502

javiercr

there is a mac (only one) in a cybe cafe in between baker street and marylebone tube stations in london, but i agree, the apple store is best (it's free :))

4. joeswinehart thread starter macrumors member

all set in london!

Thanks to you both, london should be a snap. Plus it'll be cool to check out the apple store :rolleyes:
    I realize I can bring along the shuffle, it should go mac or pc...I can trim down the music on it to free up some disc space for photos.
    ~joe