London Symphony library on iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stampyhead, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the London Symphony's recording library is now available on iTunes as of today (4/11). This is significant because the London Symphony records and produces their own albums, and they (up until now) were sold almost exclusively on their own website. (at least this was the case last time I checked, correct me please if I am wrong). The recordings are superb, this orchestra is definitely one of the best in the world and absolutely worth listening to. Before today if I wanted one of their recordings I had to buy it from their website and wait for it to be shipped from the UK. I am very excited to be able to buy them now from iTunes. I hope everyone will take advantage of this and use iTunes to get to know the London Symphony recordings.

2. brap macrumors 68000

It's 128k AAC, though. I for one can handle that for crunchy guitar stuffs and such, but the thought just makes me cringe. Orchestral music requires high fidelity. It's not whimsical or elitist (for a change :eek: ), it's inherent... subtleties are the first thing compression algorithms remove.