London, White City

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by steviem, May 25, 2010.

1. macrumors 68020

steviem

Is anyone going to the White City/Westfield Centre Apple Store on Launch day?

I'm seriously considering it if I can get an early enough train. (fortunately I start work later than usual on Fridays.)

2. macrumors 603

netdog

I'm considering it as an option over Regent Street.

3. macrumors regular

4. thread starter macrumors 68020

steviem

so i'll expect the westfield centre to be empty ;)

5. macrumors regular

I am there ATM. They say people can start queing at midnight, they will open the mall so that people can be inside, the apple store will open at 8 am.

6. macrumors newbie

Customer Service

I visited the Apple Store in Westfield White City yesterday (5th August 2010) to find out about and purchase an ipad. Once I had found an assistant to help me (the very excellent Dan), I was happy but my initial experience on entering the store was not a happy one. There were a number of people milling around but it was not overly crowded. Despite that, I was left for a while to stand aimlessly. After a few minutes a very bright and breezy female assistant approached me and helped with a technical query I had concerning my iphone. I then asked about ipads and she promised to find an assistant for me. She found Dan who was already serving a customer. Unfortunately he then disappeared. I waited....and waited....and waited and eventually had to make what I can only describe as a "public announcement" to all and sundry that I'd appreciate some help and that "I don't bite" :)

By this time I was pretty annoyed.

Eventually Dan helped me - he was really excellent and as a result I purchased a 32MB ipad which I am finding really great!

7. macrumors 6502

32mb is pretty small storage space :p