Long Island, NY

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by newyorksole, Jun 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 68020

Anyone going to the Walt Whitman or Roosevelt Field Apple stores to grab the iPhone on launch day?

2. macrumors regular

i'll be at the smith haven mall.

3. macrumors newbie

I'll be at Roosevelt Field

4. macrumors member

Yeah

The Apple Reviewcast will be broadcasting live from there. And than after the launch there will be a live broadcast of an in depth review.

Check out our live broadcast channel:

http://www.mogulus.com/applereviewcast

5. macrumors G3

puckhead193

def. not walt witman as i LOATH that store
    prob smitheaven if i go or i might just order offline

6. thread starter macrumors 68020

Ohhh man just found out I won't even be in the country when the iPhone releases =/ I'll be back on the 13th though to claim my iPhone.

I haven't been to the smithhaven apple store.. or the smithhaven mall actually.

7. macrumors newbie

From what I've been reading you won't be able to order it online, because it requires in-store activation. Unless you plan on going through ebay.

I'm not sure if the in-store activation has been 100% confirmed but I think thats the most current info we have.

8. macrumors member

ill either be at the roosevelt field mall store or the at&t store across the street from westfield sunrise mall in massapequa

9. macrumors 68020

noodle654

I will be at the ATT Store in Shirly....thats over 50 miles from Cutchogue

10. thread starter macrumors 68020

I live like 5 minutes from sunrise. When I went to the AT&T store in the mall last year, they weren't even sure if they were getting the iPhone. They did let me set up an account though and gave me a free phone until the iPhone came out, never returned the phone though.

11. macrumors member

yea the stores in the mall kinda suck, im talking about the one outside the mall. its next to the huge shopping center with circuit city and modells in a little shopping center with lucille roberts. the one im talking about is a corporate owned store so they have to be getting them in.

12. thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah the one where burlington coat factory and all those places are, I didn't think about going there, I'll probably end up going to Walt Whitman though

13. macrumors member

I'd love to go to an Apple Store, but Roosevelt Field will be out of hand (I think) and Walt Whitman is too far from me to take the risk. I'll probably go to AT&T in Great Neck. I'm just worried that Apple stores will get a lot more to sell preventing sell out from happening.

What time are people going? Do you think 6 is early enough? I would hope if the store was going to sell out they would inform people in line where they are at with stock.

14. macrumors 6502

ec51

Sooo

Are there any LI meet ups planned?

15. macrumors 68020

pilotError

At the first launch, Roosevelt Field did a fantastic job. I got there late (about 8:45 PM) and talked to someone who waited on line. He said he waited for about 10 minutes once the store opened. They had a bunch of sales folks with the portable terminals at special tables they set up.

We'll see how they do with the whole activation thing now. Somehow I don't see the 3G launch being as crazy as the 2G launch, but hey, I've been wrong before.

16. thread starter macrumors 68020

You guys should organize a meetup, I would but I'm not gonna be in the country when the iPhone is released, unless you wanna wait until July 13 haha.

17. macrumors newbie

I am probably going to be going the Roosevelt Mall as I live in Garden City ;)

Or there is a AT&T store in Hempstead, I could go there as well, I don't know as of now.

18. macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I'll most likely be going to one of the many ATT stores in the morning.

19. macrumors newbie

I was just at the Roosevelt Field store and will be avoiding that store at all cost on the 11th. It has to be the busiest Apple store on Long Island. I am thinking AT&T would probably be my best bet. I do agree that, that store that is on Hempstead Tpke in Hempstead is tempting. I just don't see it being that busy. I think I'm gonna plot out a route that involves passing by there first then heading to the East Meadow AT&T store then the mall AT&T store & if all else fails then fine Roosevelt Field Apple.

20. macrumors newbie

I was driving on Hempstead Turnpike yesterday in Franklin Square, I passed the Clearview Cinemas and right next to is a old cingular store that has AT&T stuff on it, I'm going to go in today or tomorrow to see if they will have any iPhones, if so I'm getting mine from there.

21. macrumors member

Time

What time are all of you guys going??:)

22. macrumors newbie

I'm probably going to get to the mall pretty early. At least a couple of hours before it opens.

23. macrumors member

Live Broadcast

Thats cool. Im atchually the host, owner, and producer of the Apple Reviewcast podcast. We will be broadcasting live video coverage from the roosevelt field mall. Check out our site at www.theapplereviewcast.com
    :apple:

24. macrumors 68020

noodle654

Does anybody going to the ATT in Shirley tomorrow? If anybody lives near it (I live 45 minutes away), could you drive buy and check if people are already out there?

25. macrumors regular

freejack

Anyone know how many people were at the Roosevelt Field Apple store? Thanks!